Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SF4 Koryu (PC version mod)

Options
  • 01-05-2011 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭

34grbbm.png

A new gameplay mod for the PC version of SF4 has just come out. It seems a little more serious than the existing SF4 Remix (but only a little) and contains some genuinely interesting gameplay changes:
    Universal System Changes:
    Dash is now a KOF style shorthop. It allows for quick overheads, and some pretty nasty offense. It also looks kinda funny.
    + Focus Attack is now a hit-absorbing dash. Takes approx. 20-50 hits depending on character, but still does gray damage.
    + EXFADC is now sort of like a roman cancel. Eats up one EX bar.
    + Taunt is now an instant lvl3 FA that drains Ultra meter. It's good for continuing juggles, or for breaking through an opponent's block.
    Supers only drains 2 EX bars. The ultras are now HP supers that absorb the entire super bar. (Which means you can combo into them from f.ex c.MK if you're ryu.)

Saggot is still cheap.

More info and a download link can be found in this SRK thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

If they toned down the damage and ridiculous stuff like the 10 hits on each of Seth's kicks this mod could actually be pretty awesome to play. Viper air juggles were sweet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭erinsoup

Sairus wrote: »
    If they toned down the damage and ridiculous stuff like the 10 hits on each of Seth's kicks this mod could actually be pretty awesome to play. Viper air juggles were sweet.

missing the point!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I know the point of these things :pac: I'm saying that even aside from the craziness, some of the tweaks they made actually look like they could be fun in serious play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Dundle

dat flash kick fadc air throw, man. dat fukken fadc air throw.

I think I'm gonna get this, hahaha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Dundle

Okaaaay, so there are some crazy bugs. If two Zangiefs try to grab eachother at the same time, it freezes and you can't even change in character select.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

a year too late
    so is the 3s one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭erinsoup

Placebo wrote: »
    a year too late
    so is the 3s one

If you're talking about 4rd strike, that looked like the intention was a proper rebalancing with some new ideas. Whereas this is just Rainbow Edition for SF4. They wanted it broken from the get go.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

no ones gonna play either because Super is out, and 3S will be online.
    They would have been good obscure FUN niches, back when SF4 vainlla was getting boring. I dont see myself getting that now, too much effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,698 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

>If you're talking about 4rd strike, that looked like the intention was a proper rebalancing with some new ideas. Whereas this is just Rainbow Edition for SF4. They wanted it broken from the get go.
    >4rd
    :mad:

That 3S remix looked like a load of uber-combo balls, too.
    Silly MUGEN kids thinking they understand what "rebalance" even means.

Advertisement