Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Shower Advice

Options
  • 01-05-2011 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

Hi all,
    We have a Mira Sport electric shower, installed 2 years ago but has never worked correctly/efficiently. It goes hot/cold/hot/cold and looses pressure throughout (which is not very good to start with!)

Could an electric pump shower be fitted, and would it improve the problem? Water supply is a bit away and not much of a fall on it.

Any help/info/advice would be much appreciated!
    :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

can you get the installer back, i would bet it's not done correctly

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Mira sport is a mains fed shower. First thing you need to check is that it was connected to the mains and not the tank(this happens)

However i doubt it was connected to the tank because it contains a solenoid valve which will not open without a greater pressure than the header tank. This would mean in all probability the mains pressure is poor in your house in which case a mains fed shower should not have been fitted.

Having said that it might have been fine when fitted and diminished since.

A solution to your problem is diconnect the shower from the mains and connect it to a single impeller pump and then to your tank in the attic. An example of a single impeller pump is the triton T450i however there is cheaper but will need to be ordered from a plumbers providers.

Advertisement