Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Typical first year UCC English books.

Options
  • 01-05-2011 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hello, Just wondering, what is the usual book list for first year English students in UCC. I found the TEXTS tab on the UCC English faculty's website, but It was scarce as it said that a lot of the texts were available to buy from the School of English office.
    Can anyone give me a rough outline of all the texts and cost?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

I think they're pretty much the same each year?

Wuthering Heights - Emily Bronte
    The Picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde
    Beowulf
    The Canterbury Tales
    Iphigenia at Aulis
    Titus Andronicus

I usually buy my books second hand from Vibes and Scribes. It is handy to get the specific editions of the books for page numbers and stuff, but it's not really a big deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Bonzo-Reborn

Just to add to that...

Phaedra's Love - Sarah Kane
    Phedre - Jean Racine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

Dont get them all though for Drama. For the first year exams you only have to answer on 1 of Iphigenia, Titus, Endgame, Tragedy at Mariam, Phedre, Phaedra's Love. Your better off learner 2...you will be covered then but there is no point buying all those books for lectures.

Advertisement