Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Songs that should have done better in the charts

Options
  • 01-05-2011 2:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

Well,
    what songs do ye think didnt get high enough chart positions as they deserved?

I myself think c'mon catch em by surprise should have done much better.
    Bring it by jodie connor as well (although I'm not sure if that's even been released here yet.)

Shur let me know what ye think

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Green Day - Holiday.

#13 in Ireland and #11 in the UK.

I believe that Green Day should've been like Westlife in the early days for American Idiot and every single should've went to #1.

That includes Boulevard of Broken Dreams, American Idiot, Wake Me Up When September Ends and Jesus of Suburbia because that was one of the best rock albums I've ever heard in my life.

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Otherside also.

This reached a flopping #33 in the UK charts when it should've been a #1 as this is the RHCP's best song by miles. I'm gutted I never hear this song on the radio also.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MikeHough

karaokeman wrote: »
    Green Day - Holiday.

#13 in Ireland and #11 in the UK.

I believe that Green Day should've been like Westlife in the early days for American Idiot and every single should've went to #1.

That includes Boulevard of Broken Dreams, American Idiot, Wake Me Up When September Ends and Jesus of Suburbia because that was one of the best rock albums I've ever heard in my life.

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Otherside also.

This reached a flopping #33 in the UK charts when it should've been a #1 as this is the RHCP's best song by miles. I'm gutted I never hear this song on the radio also.

ya both class bands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

This might be a random input here :rolleyes: but ''The Art Of Losing'' by American Hi-Fi is a great song that never got much recognition.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Trepzi

"Over My Shoulder" - Mike and the Mechanics

Only reached no.26 over here and no.12 in the UK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAeJYDUYbpQ

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,355 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

I believe that Green Day should've been like Westlife in the early days...

What do you mean by this?

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement

Hermy wrote: »
    What do you mean by this?

By most of their singles going to #1.

Westlife had their first 7 singles shoot to #1 and I believe a lot more bands deserve for that to happen.

By most of their singles going to #1.

Westlife had their first 7 singles shoot to #1 and I believe a lot more bands deserve for that to happen.
    Your taking the mick!

Genealogy Forum Mod

Hermy wrote: »
    Your taking the mick!

I'm not saying Green Day should be a boyband.

I mean they should've had continuous #1's.

That is not taking the mick unless your not a GD fan yourself.

Chart success is no indication of greatness.
    Greenday are a great band regardless of their chart success.
    Westlife are rubbish despite theirs.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

This song was banned from British radio during the Falklands war hence nobody heard it. It was by Split Enz. Some of whom became Crowded House.

The single became no 1 in Australia and I presume New Zealand. I assume the British didnt like the public thinking of their soldiers trapped inside ships for long periods although I think the song is about mental illness ((not quite sure)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

When this came out in the 1970s it didn't even get into the Top 40!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Nolanger wrote: »
    When this came out in the 1970s it didn't even get into the Top 40!

I love that song. I have their "greatest hits". The rest of their music is dire believe me. It featured in the movie Boogie Nights

Advertisement