Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web Hosting

Options
  • 30-04-2011 5:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Whats the best web hosting provider for a fairly small business in Ireland??:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

HELP HELP HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭dunworth1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 lampyb

Thanks very much the only prob with that is it doesnt have a website builder?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭dunworth1

yes it does

listed under web services
    Parallels Site Builder

and there is also lots of stuff ready to be installed automatically
    in the Blacknight Application Vault.

you didnt look properly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭ArtyM

HostingIreland OP
    I have dealt with most hosting companies in Ireland over the years and the hostingireland support staff are the best I have ever had to deal with. They use cpanel, which is very easy for a non techie/beginner to use, and a site builder should be in there. Their prices may not be as keen as others out there but I think you should check them out.
    Good luck OP

Others from my personal experience.

Blacknight.
    Pros: cheap, good storage/mailbox allowance, decent reliability, quite friendly support staff and decent response times.
    Cons: Webmail does not work on FF4, cant unzip files on remote (bad if doing cms installs), messy ftp path on one-click aplication installs, not the easiest to use control panel.

Digiweb
    Pros: Easy to use cPanel, very good reliability,
    Cons: Expensive, ridiculously small mailbox quotas, Crazy billing/accounting system, not always easy to contact at times.

Thanks a mill will look into all this
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

lampyb wrote:
    :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
    HELP HELP HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    lampyb wrote:
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Spot the newbie ;)

The girlfriend is with www.letshost.ie and seems happy with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Zith

biko wrote: »
    The girlfriend is with www.letshost.ie and seems happy with them.

Have been with them for a number of years and am still happy. A decent cpanel setup with a good few of the more popular applications that you can install via fantastico.

total newbie lol

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭adrianshanahan

Hey,

Without a shadow of a doubt Blacknight are the Mac Daddy's of Irish hosting companies, not are they the only ICANN recognised company in Ireland they are cheaper than the rest with coustomer service second to none.

What more could you want....

Adrian

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭jamesozzie

Blacknight wins hands down for me too, and their IM support staff are great. I would never even look at another provider

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement