Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sennheiser HD 25-SP II vs. Pioneer HDJ 2000

Options
  • 30-04-2011 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭

Do people really think these Sennheiser HD 25-SP II's are one of the best headphones around?

I've seen reviews all over the net about HD 25's and people seem to love them. I've used a set twice for DJ'ing at gigs and didn't find the sound great and also found them very uncomfortable.

I'm using Pioneer HDJ-2000's now and I love them. Great sound and feel for DJ'ing. I can't fault them on one thing yet.

Has anyone used both? I'm just curious about how they pair up.

Just for clarity

The Sennheiser HD 25-SP II

The Pioneer HDJ-2000

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

HD 25 sp 1 -ii's are the ones everyone uses an rants about how great they are. the ones you've posted above are the cheaper ones that are apparently not as good (never used them but that's what i've heard).

if you're confused just look at the head band. If it's split then they're the 'good' ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

jtsuited wrote: »
    HD 25 sp 1 -ii's are the ones everyone uses an rants about how great they are. the ones you've posted above are the cheaper ones that are apparently not as good (never used them but that's what i've heard).

if you're confused just look at the head band. If it's split then they're the 'good' ones.

Yeah it's the ones without the split in the headband i've used. So maybe thats why I wasn't so impressed.

Anybody used the proper ones with the headband split against the Pioneer HDJ 2000's?

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Funky G

Not impressed with the build quality of pioneer headphones. I had a pair of the 1000's and they broke and fell to pieces, so i have little or no faith in the 2000's

If you have a glance at the pioneer forum, their headphones are over-priced and a lot of people that have bought them cheap of the net have found that they have bought knock off's. If you do take the plunge to get them, best get them from a bricks n mortar shop or somewhere reputable on-line.

The sennheiser's are a fantastic headphone - i've had mine for over a decade even though i use them now and again, i'm using Technics headphones mainly.

Every part of the sennheiser 25's are replaceable. They are really lightweight and pack a punchy sound.

Funky G wrote: »
    Not impressed with the build quality of pioneer headphones. I had a pair of the 1000's and they broke and fell to pieces, so i have little or no faith in the 2000's

If you have a glance at the pioneer forum, their headphones are over-priced and a lot of people that have bought them cheap of the net have found that they have bought knock off's. If you do take the plunge to get them, best get them from a bricks n mortar shop or somewhere reputable on-line.

The sennheiser's are a fantastic headphone - i've had mine for over a decade even though i use them now and again, i'm using Technics headphones mainly.

Every part of the sennheiser 25's are replaceable. They are really lightweight and pack a punchy sound.

I already have the HDJ 2000's. And they are a great headphone. I know the 1000's were a piece of **** but these are a million times better.
    Whole thing is a metal design and replaceable coil cord. But I just find them very heavy duty and think they'll last a good while.

But i'd like to take the Sennheiser on a test drive and compare both. So far the best headphones i've owned are the HDJ 2000's. I use Dre Beats Solo HD for around the house and that and although the sound from them is excellent there not that comfortable. Pioneer beat them overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Go to Head-Fi.org and search through their threads, huge amount of info on there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 NIALLCONLY

come out to me in Aquarius and you can demo both of them. The HDJ2000's are rock solid and we havent seen any faulty ones or breakages since they came out.

Niall

NIALLCONLY wrote: »
    come out to me in Aquarius and you can demo both of them. The HDJ2000's are rock solid and we havent seen any faulty ones or breakages since they came out.

Niall

Thanks Niall. Good to have an Aquarious rep here. Might take a trip out.

Advertisement