Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One of the little delights of getting older.

Options
  • 29-04-2011 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,847 ✭✭✭✭

I just became a granda earlier today (again) but it was one of my daughters who was responsible this time. She give birth to a strapping 9.5 lb baby boy and I have already warned her not to call him muffler ;)

Her mum (Mrs muffler) was her birthing partner while I had to do the walking up and down the corridor part as her (ex) partner fecked off and left her a few months ago. Anyhow I'm really, really chuffed as its the first time one of my girls has been responsible for me being a granda and I just had to share it.

But it is one of the many little joys and delights you experience when you are in your 50's so for anyone fast approaching the dreaded big 5 - 0 just relax and enjoy the happy moments.

Now then......back to my smirnoff and oj :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Must be an amazing feeling. Congratulations to all of you. Bond between grandparents is so important, and i guess your off to a great start!

At 9.5lbs it wont be long till he's eating you out of house and home! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

that's just totally un- dastardly dude..congrats....:D
    dick-dastardly.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

Ahhh congratulations :)

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Bearhunter

Nice one. BUt 9.5lbs? He must have been half-rared by the time he got out.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,847 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Bearhunter wrote: »
    Nice one. BUt 9.5lbs? He must have been half-rared by the time he got out.:)
    Aye, he's a bit of a bruiser alright. No idea where he takes it from ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

As someone who will never be a grandparent unfortunately, I have to say this sort of post makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. (Or I may have just eaten the cat)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Congrats Muffler :D

Thanks V. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭littlemis

My congratulations to you all my old friend.May he bring you all many years of happiness to come.:)

littlemis wrote: »
    My congratulations to you all my old friend.May he bring you all many years of happiness to come.:)
    less of the "old" now :D

Thanks for the kind wishes :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

That's fantastic muffler, congrats man. All the cuddles and none of the dirty nappies - sweet deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Congrats old man....:pac:

Granda's rule....:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Congrats muffler. Not that you did anything but pace the halls. In fact - to hell with you - congats to your daughter :)

oh ok and to you and Mrs. Muffler too :)

Thanks again for all the good wishes.

The christening is on this Sunday but no vodka I'm afraid for muffler as he's driving :mad: (but not driving later in the evening though ;))

We'll have a few of the family/extended family there so it will be nice to have them at a happy occasion for a change as it seems to be funerals that we mostly meet up at these days :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Huge 'grats to you, Mrs Muffler and your daughter on your newest family member - fun times! Just think, you get all the brilliant cuddly bits and none of the sleepless nights now! :D

Just think, you get all the brilliant cuddly bits and none of the sleepless nights now! :D
    Feckin great isn't it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

thats great news, best wishes to all

hope all is well with mum and baby:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Congratulations to you, your wife and your daughter :D Becoming a parent is the best feeling in the world so I can only imagine what it's like to become a grand parent.

I made my mum and dad grandparents in their 40's!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Grats mate! I'm not going to be a dad (afaik!) but being an uncle is very similar. Lots of the fun, none of the hassles :)

9.5 is a fine weight for a baby, bit small for a turkey tho, </roddy doyle>.

My nephew was 9.2 when born an my father (the grandfather) didnt endear himself to his daughter by saying he had "a neck like a well fed parish priest!"

Best to your daughter :)

DeV.

DeVore wrote: »
    My nephew was 9.2 when born an my father (the grandfather) didnt endear himself to his daughter by saying he had "a neck like a well fed parish priest!"
    Mighty :D A fair description for a 9lb + baby

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

Congratulations Muffler and to your family. Great news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

Congratulations Grandpa Muffler! And the best part is .......... no sleepless nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Spread wrote: »
    Congratulations Grandpa Muffler! And the best part is .......... no sleepless nights.
    ...till you're asked to babysit :eek:

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

OldGoat wrote: »
    ...till you're asked to babysit :eek:

Problem mostly over - re diapers, nightmares and having to put everything not nailed down over 5' above ground. Three boys 11,5,3 but daughter is now trying for her first. Being a bit on the OCD side, I don't think she'll lean on us too much :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Spread wrote: »
    Being a bit on the OCD side...
    CDO please. I hate it when the letters arn't in alphabetical order. :)

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Here's baby Ryan taken about 2 weeks ago

ryan2.gif

and yesterday evening when he was having a conversation with a big bear

ryan1.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Wonderful pictures Muffler. The one on the left has his father's eyes by the way.:D

Rubecula wrote: »
    The one on the left has his father's eyes by the way.:D
    You may as well say it. No point in being bear faced about it. ;)

Advertisement