Advertisement
Private Profiles - an update on how they will be changing here
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.

best place to camp in monaghan

• 29-04-2011 10:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 feck sake lads

any suggestions as to where i could pitch my tent safely for a night or two anywhere in the monaghan area.i will be cycle touring the area sometime in june thanks.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭ Denerick

You could try Rossmore Park on the Threemilehouse Road. I'm not sure its completely legal to do so, so you'll have to shoulder your way past all the kids drinking/camping as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 feck sake lads

Denerick wrote: »
    You could try Rossmore Park on the Threemilehouse Road. I'm not sure its completely legal to do so, so you'll have to shoulder your way past all the kids drinking/camping as well.

thanks for that but i think i'll give that a miss somewhere quiet i want;)
    kids drinking spells trouble no matter what part of the country there at it.
    no after maybe a hard days cycling i want somewhere i can rest in peace and quiet.
    thanks for the reply anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭ ButcherOfNog

Yeah, avoid Rossmore park, that's not a good idea coming into the longer warmer nights. If you take a fishing rod with you, I can point you in the direction of one or two spots, PM me if interested.

Advertisement