Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MT , if you're about...:) Weather for Shuttle

Options
  • 29-04-2011 11:45am

Hello Mt, was hoping if youre about could you give us a forecast on the evenings weather for the Shuttle Pass?
    We're all hoping its looking good, but a little reassurance from yourself would be very nice Sir :)
    ;):)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Taking the kids camping in Curraghchase, thanks for the heads up on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

What time is it due to lift off at Irish Time? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

The last time I saw the shuttle here just after launch, the external tank was clearly visible as it detached.

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    The last time I saw the shuttle here just after launch, the external tank was clearly visible as it detached.

Ye same here.. Was great! , but that was during the nite time hours... Will this one be the same?

Iancar29 wrote: »
    Ye same here.. Was great! , but that was during the nite time hours... Will this one be the same?

The launch itself is at 20.47 (irish time) we should see the Orbiter and tank pass aprrox 905(ish). Passing southwest to southeast.

Head outside about 9.00 just to get eyes accustomed.

Godspeed Endeavour :)

yiz will also see the ISS tonight,at 9.30 I believe.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

9:06, probably too bright then. The shuttle ( and tank ) will pass by again between 10:20 and 10:40, the tank will be quite a bit behind the shuttle by then but that will be the best chance to see both in my opinion :)

Space station between 9:30 and 9:40 and again at 11:05-11:07 ( very low the second time ..probably visible only in the south or southwest)

Keep an eye on this

http://spaceflight1.nasa.gov/realdata/tracking/index.html

its going to be a fantastic night looking upwards. Cant wait :)
    :D:D

Ill be the gob****e blubbing and waving as it goes by to my family's great shame ...:o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Here's a link to the listed ISS/[SIZE=-1]SHUTTLE [/SIZE]passing times

http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/realdata/sightings/cities/view.cgi?country=Ireland&region=None&city=Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 14,354 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Weather in Florida looks okay for launch, front with isolated thunderstorms has cleared south of the Cape and should be 100 miles southeast by launch time, partly cloudy, northeast wind 20 mph at launch site and time ... as to the weather across Ireland this evening, looks fairly good for most, could see an increase in cloud in a few places in the southeast but widespread clear skies in many other places. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I was looking at the shuttle on nasa tv. Clock ticking away t-3 hours. Lets hope for clear skies :).

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Scrub till Sunday .....8pm our time..... earliest!

Unofficially they are saying three to 5 days, over on Kennedy Space Center Communications.

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Scrub till Sunday .....8pm our time..... earliest!

That time suits me ! :) ... I ll be on the way home from work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

I think it was too bright whn the shuttle had been expected, but I did observe and it was clear enough, I waited to see the ISS and it was overhead. Much higher than I expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Aiel

As i understand it we wont be able to see the shuttle passing over Ireland when it takes off in the next few days.Today is the last day the ISS passes over Ireland for the time being and so doesnt that mean the shuttle will be on a different flight path to match the Space Station's different orbital path in the next few days then if it had taken off last night?That was always my understanding of it and the reason why not every shuttle thats just being launched passes over here just after lift off.
    I was really looking forward to seeing it last night.
    ISS passing over tonight at 9.54ish,lets hope for clear skies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Advertisement