Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ITCC Rounds 1&2

Options
  • 29-04-2011 11:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭

http://vimeo.com/23009173

I really got into following this last year, great little series with some really good drivers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Shame its spoiled by people throwing huge wads of cash into their cars :(

Looking at what Ciaran Timmons managed in the Integra was epic, that car is very ill and the engine is standard with just an induction kit and exhaust and iirc a standard ECU. I think he mentioned somewhere that he used 2 litres of oil in each race.

I take my hat off to that kind of lad. In rounds 5&6 though he'll be out in an ex-BTCC car, he should be challenging for the win in that car, hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Is this on telly somewhere?

Is this on telly somewhere?

Unfortunately not, I don't think they have this type of coverage for rounds 3&4 which were in Anglesey last weekend(hopefully I'm wrong), which is a pity seeing as Barry Rabbitts CRX and Martin Tracey's RS500 came together on the last lap. I've only seen in car footage but would love to have seen an outside shot

There was also some boxing in Parc Ferme afterwards too

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

That RS500 is a gorgeous car, any pictures of damage?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭BarryM3

Onkle wrote: »
    Looking at what Ciaran Timmons managed in the Integra was epic, that car is very ill and the engine is standard with just an induction kit and exhaust and iirc a standard ECU. I think he mentioned somewhere that he used 2 litres of oil in each race.

I take my hat off to that kind of lad. In rounds 5&6 though he'll be out in an ex-BTCC car, he should be challenging for the win in that car, hopefully

Timmo is going real well in that car. I used to race it a few years ago for Tuning Factory and its a little gem of a car. It really does box above its weight.

The engine it has/had is indeed standard with a Js Racing ECU and some breathing mods.

Looking forward to seeing how well he goes in his BTCC car.

With regard to money being thrown at cars I don't really accept that. My own car is no more than a decent family saloon and it has led 3 of the 4 races this year, winning two! My brother bought and built an Integra Type R for the Touring class. 7 days to the hour after he bought it as a road car he won in Anglesey and for a total of about €4k

Onkle - the term boxing implies it was a two way affair. At 8 stone dripping wet, the only boxing I do is putting the shopping into cartons in Super Valu :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭BarryM3

Video featuring said brothers Integra

They are from Robert Savages Integra in race two at Anglesey

PART 1
    http://youtu.be/o8Hu1_YcY78

PART 2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7xiQNVH6MI

BarryM3 wrote: »
    Timmo is going real well in that car. I used to race it a few years ago for Tuning Factory and its a little gem of a car. It really does box above its weight.

The engine it has/had is indeed standard with a Js Racing ECU and some breathing mods.

Looking forward to seeing how well he goes in his BTCC car.

With regard to money being thrown at cars I don't really accept that. My own car is no more than a decent family saloon and it has led 3 of the 4 races this year, winning two! My brother bought and built an Integra Type R for the Touring class. 7 days to the hour after he bought it as a road car he won in Anglesey and for a total of about €4k

Onkle - the term boxing implies it was a two way affair. At 8 stone dripping wet, the only boxing I do is putting the shopping into cartons in Super Valu :D

Hey Barry, well done on the victories!

You mentioned in the video that you thought you got the saloon car lap record, was it verified?

That Teg started life as a DC1 did it? I was chatting to Ciaran at a trackday and he was telling me he just pulled the engine out of a breaker car and shoved it in. My road car kept up with him on the straights but I couldn't touch him in the corners and he breezed away. I'm dying to see the BTCC car, I'll be down spectating at the next round anyway.

And will you ever find somewhere decent to mount the camera in your car :pac:

Advertisement