Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SUMMER IN FRANCE

Options
  • 28-04-2011 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

hi all, just finishing 1st year Arts and, as i'm doing French and hope to continue doing it, have to spend some time in a French speaking country over the summer. Any hints about how to go about it, who to contact, where to go? Has to be more than a holiday i think, a situation where i'll actually have to talk. All comments gratefully received:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Do erasmus. You will not regret it. Guarantee it will be the best year of your life. I've been in France since August 2010 and have to leave in 3 weeks at the end of the semester and I'm absolutely dreading it.

Other than that, get a job in a hotel or do some Au Pair work perhaps.

But seriously, my first suggestion is Erasmus. No matter where you go or who you go with/without, you'll have the time of your life.

Contact Wendy in the international office and she'll give you info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

One of my friends who does French got a job in Disneyland for the summer. Apparently they're always looking for people with English & French to work there! It's too late now to apply for jobs there for the summer, but you could try for next year? And listen to Michellenman, anyone I know who went on Erasmus had an absolutely brilliant time. I seriously regret not doing it >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

I'm doing German, not French, but I'm heading over for my third year :D Was gonna do erasmus but didn't really want to, and have now been told that I can be an english language assistant in a secondary school over there, WIN =D

• Registered Users Posts: 49 dustfree

thanks all, plenty to be going along with! had also been told of one of those internet sites that you join and you have a list of hostels, farms, organic places, digs etc etc to choose from where they offer bed and board for 4 hours work a day, 5 days a week. anyone try something like that?:)

Advertisement