Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place for Fish and Chips in Howth?

Options
  • 28-04-2011 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭

Just looking for a place that does good old fashioned fish and chips. Tks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

I like the Beschoff Bros fish and chips. They're the best fish and chips in Dublin imo...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,917 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I like the Beschoff Bros fish and chips. They're the best fish and chips in Dublin imo...

+1, The dogs bollocks of Fish n Chips

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

irelands eye chipper is hard to beat imo

I always go for Beshoff's. Their chips are of the chunky fluffy-on-the-inside crunchy-on-the-outside variety. Efficient service and it always looks really clean. They do a great Fresh Haddock and Chips meal for €7.50.

However most of my mates prefer Cafe Caira, down farther along the seafront. It's more traditional, they give them to you in the paper bag way, which I do like for nostalgia's sake. You know, when the chips bunch up in the middle and you get all the little crispy one's that fall to the end. But IMO not as good as Beshoff's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

Thanks everyone!! Appreciate the help. I think we'll be going with Beshoffs so!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

What about the Italian one near the King Sitric. Fish and chips, tea bread and butter and you get a table as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

trad wrote: »
    What about the Italian one near the King Sitric. Fish and chips, tea bread and butter and you get a table as well.

We'll have kids with us (4 boys 7, 6 and two 5 year olds) so we'll probably go for having fish & chips on the go, but thanks anyway !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

trad wrote: »

That's Café Ciara. Chips are undercooked there imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭neris

I think both are good for fish and chips. beshoffs is always jammers on a good weekend. Havent been to cafe caira in ages but they did great burgers

• Registered Users Posts: 11,917 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

shinny wrote: »
    We'll have kids with us (4 boys 7, 6 and two 5 year olds) so we'll probably go for having fish & chips on the go, but thanks anyway !!

Beschoff's do a great value Family meal, think it's 20 euro for 4 meals with drinks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Yahew

Howth is well served for chippers. Both of those are good - maybe amongst the best in the city.

Advertisement