Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Make wordpress plugin available to non-admin user

Options
  • 28-04-2011 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

I am using the Dynamic Content Gallery in a website I have recently developed. It is basically a slider that I display on the front page of the website that displays the featured images from some posts which can be set in the admin area.

My problem is you need to log in as admin to configure the plugin i.e. change the posts you want it to display etc. It appears under the settings menu which seems to be only available to the admin user. If I were to hand over the website with an admin login there could be carnage!

Is there an easy way to make the admin of such a plugin available to users of lower permissions than administrator.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Are you checking the user permission in your code before adding it to the admin menu? If so, change the role required.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭dahayeser

No when I install the plugin it automatically appears under the settings menu which is only visible when logged in as admin.

When logged in as Editor or anything less than Admin you cant see anything under the settings menu.

I havent looked at editing the plugin code to try make it appear elsewhere. Was hoping I could avoid that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭daymobrew

dahayeser wrote: »
    I havent looked at editing the plugin code to try make it appear elsewhere. Was hoping I could avoid that.
    my mistake, I misread your post and thought you wrote the plugin.

There are some role editing plugins so you might be able to redefine the non-admin user role to get enough priviledges to access the Settings menu.

You could ask at wordpress.stackexchange.com

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Signpost

I normally use http://alkivia.org/wordpress/capsman Very simply to configure and gives you a massive amount of control.

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/capsman/

Advertisement