Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone else panicking because they've done feck all study?

Options
  • 28-04-2011 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

I'm wondering how everyone is getting on with their studies! Only little over a month to go and I'm really starting to stress out now! Have done very little and although I'm stressing I'm still in no way motivated! Just wondering where most people's heads are at and when they started studying or are you like me and really struggling?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Instead of asking when other people started studying and getting disheartening replies like "Way back in September, 12 hours each day" why don't you just start studying?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Did no work apart from my homework this year (and often didn't do it/did it poorly). I spent an hour or less on it each night. (Oftentimes I'd spend less then 25 mins at it). i did a reasonable amount of work during the holidays, though, and after I get my Construction/Engineering practicals/projects out of the way, it'll be pain sailing. :D i'm hoping for 500-520, though i only need 280 points :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

You only think youve done nothing. You didnt mention your mocks so i'm assuming you didnt manage to fail them all, if you did then i'd be worried, but you got through them somehow and thats most of the study done, you just have go over it again for the actual LC and its not nearly as difficult as doing it from scratch for your mocks.

I was the same panicking but when i went to study i found myself flicking past most stuff because it was hammered into me all year or because i remembered it well from studying for mocks, xmas exams etc so it just needed a quick read over. Trust me you're not in as bad a position as you think you are... but no matter how prepared you are the panicking doesnt go away so try not to get too stressed about it. The most panicked in my year were the ones who ended up getting 500-600points.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Maybe_Memories

Instead of asking when other people started studying and getting disheartening replies like "Way back in September, 12 hours each day" why don't you just start studying?

Because when everyone else is as screwed as you are, all is good. ;)

Seriously, have you never been in a situation where you didn't study for a test, and you ask someone if they did anything, they say no and you're like "ah i'm grand so!" :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Because when everyone else is as screwed as you are, all is good. ;)

Seriously, have you never been in a situation where you didn't study for a test, and you ask someone if they did anything, they say no and you're like "ah i'm grand so!" :p
    Yeah but it's usually the people who persist that they "haven't done anything at all" who've done the most.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Maybe_Memories

Yeah but it's usually the people who persist that they "haven't done anything at all" who've done the most.

True, but in your small circle of close friends, this generally applies.

Also, back on topic, it's never too late to start studying.
    Although the sooner the better :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

sarah. wrote: »
    I'm wondering how everyone is getting on with their studies! Only little over a month to go and I'm really starting to stress out now! Have done very little and although I'm stressing I'm still in no way motivated! Just wondering where most people's heads are at and when they started studying or are you like me and really struggling?

You are my twin:p Another poster mentioned the mocks and how you probably didn't fail them. Is there anything positive from them to look on? I'm freaking, but when I think about it properly, I managed to get 430 points in the mocks, and I did little or nothing. I need 70 more points to get my first course.
    Plenty of people in my year just crammed for the month before the mocks, and got 400 - 500 points. The same can be done for the real thing too. Just start now, and you'll be grand! I bet you have more done than you think!;):)

THIS really annoys me!:P

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

_meehan_ wrote: »
    You are my twin:p Another poster mentioned the mocks and how you probably didn't fail them. Is there anything positive from them to look on? I'm freaking, but when I think about it properly, I managed to get 430 points in the mocks, and I did little or nothing. I need 70 more points to get my first course.
    Plenty of people in my year just crammed for the month before the mocks, and got 400 - 500 points. The same can be done for the real thing too. Just start now, and you'll be grand! I bet you have more done than you think!;):)

THIS really annoys me!
    :P
    Ehh...Hate to break it to ya but... :p

pajero12 wrote: »
    Ehh...Hate to break it to ya but... :p

Hahaha, that really makes me look bad:p Seriously though, I got a C3 in my absolute best subject, which is awful. I'm actually a poxy person when it comes to tests. Stuff I know enough to bullsh!t generally comes up:) And I worked in 5th year.

One of my friends who claimed to have done "nothing" got well over 500 points in the mocks. That's what I'm on about.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

_meehan_ wrote: »
    Hahaha, that really makes me look bad:p Seriously though, I got a C3 in my absolute best subject, which is awful. I'm actually a poxy person when it comes to tests. Stuff I know enough to bullsh!t generally comes up:) And I worked in 5th year.

One of my friends who claimed to have done "nothing" got well over 500 points in the mocks. That's what I'm on about.

Ah no fair respect for ya to be able to do that well.

One the girls in my school always claimed to not be doing any work...but got like 530 in the mocks...She had notes on every subject on her ipod touch :D

• Advertisement

pajero12 wrote: »
    Ah no fair respect for ya to be able to do that well.

One the girls in my school always claimed to not be doing any work...but got like 530 in the mocks...She had notes on every subject on her ipod touch :D

Don't worry a bit of banter's good for the system!:D

I think everyone knows somebody like that! I plan on avoiding them in June until the end of the exams cos I'll just end up freaking.:)

I'm gonna be the most antisocial person alive during the lc:P

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Megatron_X

Gumbi wrote: »
    Did no work apart from my homework this year (and often didn't do it/did it poorly). I spent an hour or less on it each night. (Oftentimes I'd spend less then 25 mins at it). i did a reasonable amount of work during the holidays, though, and after I get my Construction/Engineering practicals/projects out of the way, it'll be pain sailing. :D i'm hoping for 500-520, though i only need 280 points :rolleyes:

What course are you looking at for 280 points?

Advertisement