Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Firm (NBC) [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Dilynnio

Sounds like my cup of tea!

When is due to air?

I have to be honest and say that no new tv show this year has really gotten me interested!

Thanks for that RD! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I'll definitely give this a chance, sounds good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

good stuff ive read most of grishams books, and seen the films(though not as good). i suppose you do wonder what happened the characters after....

when and where will this be shown?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Lets not forget the Client series from the 1990s

• Advertisement

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Firm-Makes-Legal-1035211.aspx

Juliette Lewis and Callum Keith Rennie have been cast in NBC's legal drama, which is based on John Grisham's bestselling novel, the network announced Tuesday. They join Josh Lucas, who stars as attorney Mitchell McDeere, a role that Tom Cruise played in the film adaptation of the novel.
    Lewis will play Mitch's trusty and colorful receptionist who feels uncomfortable in their new, more conservative law practice. She's distracted by her on-again, off-again relationship with his older brother, Ray (Rennie). Ray once was jailed for manslaughter and thus has a unique perspective when it comes to working for Mitch as an investigator.
    Production on The Firm begins in August in Toronto. The legal drama will premiere on NBC in midseason.

http://www.digitalspy.ie/ustv/news/a336306/tricia-helfer-joins-the-cast-of-the-firm.html

Tricia Helfer has signed on to star in The Firm.

Helfer will play senior partner Alex Clark of the firm Kinross & Clark on the show, according to TV Line, and will join Josh Lucas, Juliette Lewis, Molly Parker and The Killing's Callum Keith Rennie.
    Based on John Grisham's best-selling novel, the forthcoming NBC series is set ten years after the events of the book, with protagonist Mitch McDeere (Lucas)
    emerging from the Witness Protection programme to confront old threats.
    The actress tweeted the news yesterday, saying that she is thrilled to be working on the lawyer drama.
    "[I'll] be working with some amazing talent," Helfer wrote. "[I'm] very excited!"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Shaun Majumder (Detroit 1-8-7) has joined NBC’s The Firm in the role of Andrew Palmer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Bump

Debuts tonight on NBC

• Advertisement

It bombed....1.4 demo, The two-hour premiere of NBC's The Firm got off to a slow start averaging a 1.4 adults 18-49 rating between 9-11p and 6.3 million viewers - that was 46% lower than the premiere of the canceled 'The Cape' which debuted with a 2.6 adults 18-49 rating on January 9, 2011. It was NBC's lowest-rated regular season drama debut ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Just finished watching it there, I thought it was very good. Looking forward to next week.

I found this pretty weak and I'm a big fan of legal dramas.

I'll watch the next two weeks or so to see how it goes but I'm not impressed and Richard says the ratings are very poor

The start was interesting, then flashes back to six weeks earlier and a quick flashback from ten years ago
    The basic outline of the series is pretty clear. And end of the episode flash forward again

This new mob boss, ha he's looks like a pouncy student. I know he is young but very unconvincing.

The lawyer says he graduated top of his Harvard class and later it's fifth in his class. Ok, top can mean up around the top and it's a tiny detail but I thought it was untidy

Bog standard murder trial and I've zero interest in the defendant, very little empathy even if he was a boy. Tbh I was hoping the boy would be convicted, I didn't root for him at all.

Ending was just ridiculous, here sign this confession and I'll file it in my bottom drawer and keep it in reserve.

Molly Parker, I barely noticed her in Deadwood with all those dowdy large dresses but she is hawt in this :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,469 ✭✭✭squonk

For Tricia Helfer I'll give this a go! Ah, memories of No. 6 from BSG :D

Watching it as I type and I'm quite enjoying it. It's not a great show and I never see it growing into anything other than disposable junk but for throw away trash it's perfect to kill 42 minutes each week. So far the court cases are rather dull and banal, the overall story isn't exactly gripping and the big baddie isnt exactly intimidating but the acting is solid and there's a lot of room for the show to grow and become my weekly go to 42 minutes of easy to watch crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

squonk wrote: »
    For Tricia Helfer I'll give this a go! Ah, memories of No. 6 from BSG :D
    Don't forget Leoben(Cylon model No.2) he's there aswel. Yay BSG reunion!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Looks like this show is toast. Airing on Saturdays from this week onwards...

Watched Episode one and two

I liked the start and I liked the ending but not so much the whole plot of this show

This show is airing for the last while and up to episode six

Going to jump into episode three and catch up

Legal drama along the lines of John Grisham, should be a sure fire banker but I think this is going to be a failure

Will report back.

Hardly any posts on this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 8,469 ✭✭✭squonk

No posts I'd say because it's not really _that_ compelling. The cases are fairly boring and I've already started wondering what'll keep him going once Caprica 6's conspiracy is found out which looks like it's coming fairly close. It's all just a bit meh...

^ tbh....when i seen the thread bump i expected to read it had been pulled and cancelled altogether.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

If it wasn't for the cast I wouldn't bother watching. Mitch & Abby remind me so much of Coach Taylor & Tami.

I've giving up on the show after seven episodes

I like the cast, Josh Lucas and Molly Parker are good.

But the show is a mess. You don't care at all about the weekly cases and that's down to the script.
    And the whole overall story is a mess

I must have read every John Grisham book but if I were him them I'd want to disassociate myself from this

If you want a legal drama with excellent characters, a court case that lasts the entire season but many more cases for week to week and a razor sharp script then watch Murder One. Ted Hoffman was brilliant
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_One_(TV_series)

Advertisement