Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine Wimax in Waterford? Recommend?

Options
  • 28-04-2011 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Just moving to an apartment in Waterford at the moment and was thinking of moving to wimax, can anyone tell me if they're a good isp? I can go to eircom again but found them to be a complete disaster from a customer service point and would be very relectant to go back. cannot get upc in area. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Moved to Midband.

Imagine WiMax is not broadband, so don't expect it to compare to DSL or fixed wireless. I've never seen anyone recommend it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole but don't take my experience with them alone.
    Read here: http://ratemyisp.ie/ratings/imagine/ - and keep in mind that the very few good comments about them according to the website owner (see his blog), were written by staff of a certain company itself!
    (They outed themselves by all using the same I.P. address which the site owner was able to look up!)

The short version: they are the worst of the worse - and with cutbacks coming in their services over quality, a court case and people ditching them, try and seek another provider if possible.

Advertisement