Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cavan Region Hill Walking/Hiking Club

Options
  • 28-04-2011 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone in the Cavan region is interested in joining/starting a hill-walking/hiking club.
    It would be great to get a few like minded and active people together to explore the fantastic hills of West Cavan/Leitrim/Fermanagh and futher afield. I would also be interested in getting the club involved in more demanding outdoor pursuits such as rock climbing, mountaineering and multi-day camping routes. As a group it would be easier and cheaper to organise training (Mountain Skills, Navigation, Mountain Leader, First Aid etc.) and trips.
    I know there is a walking club based in Cavan that take regular leisurley Sunday hikes (which is fine) but I'm interetsed in getting something a little more adventurous and active going.

Some benifits of starting a club:
    Car pooling/Mini bus hire
    Sharing knowledge and skills
    Keeping Fit and Active
    Group discounts on travel/training
    Club membership to Mountaineering Ireland
    Group Insurance
    Good Craic

So if anyone is interested leave a post or drop me a PM and i'll get back to you.

Thanks!

Comments

Advertisement