Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY Barbecue

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

Nope ordinary cement is just fine.

There are fire cements available which cure at 900 degrees. Doubt the barbecue reaches those kind of temperatures.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭johndoe99

thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 catib999

and am planning to build the brick enclosure soon. My question is, do I need a particular cement for this seen as the bricks are going to be against fire, or will regular cement do the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

just a question to the brickys here.

would a couple of 9" solids do for a foundation . I have never layed bricks before . I think I could do a good job on it. But unsure if it would sink.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭rayjdav

Have just built one of these yesterday.;)
    I put down a 4" conc pad, c.1.6m*1.1m, levelled into the ground. Maybe overkill but basically, I do because I can:D:D. Other reason, didnt want to be standing on grass/mud when at the rack and also neater all round.
    Laid 4" on edge off slab to height and have made brackets to hold the BBQ "basin".
    I have used ordinary blocks and cement throughout as the heat will never get near it..... I hope:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Irish Fire

Put mortiser in the cement to stop it cracking in the frost

Advertisement