Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 - TRAILER

Options
  • 28-04-2011 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭

Official Trailer:

I have mixed feelings about this trailer. While it is exciting and does hype me up for Part 2, it appears to give away far too much, such as
    Fred's death, though you don't know which twin

Also, where does the
    'Let's finish this the way we started' scene occur in the book
    ?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Otacon wrote: »
    Also, where does the
    'Let's finish this the way we started' scene occur in the book
    ?

I was wondering that too! I don't think it was in the book at all. A bit like the ridiculous 'dragon chasing Harry across Scottish mountains and the towers of Hogwarts' bit of the Goblet of Fire film, it has been put into the film to make it more 'exciting'. I have also wondered about
    the scenes where Voldemort is clutching Harry's face among the ruins, there have been lots of pictures of this. Their final battle is meant to be in the Great Hall with everyone watching, as happened in the book.

I noticed a clip near the beginning of the trailer with a flower unfolding in a girl's hand,
    hopefully that is a sign that they will do justice to the Snape & Lily story.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Fishie wrote: »
    I noticed a clip near the beginning of the trailer with a flower unfolding in a girl's hand,
    hopefully that is a sign that they will do justice to the Snape & Lily story.
    What I can see happening is flashbacks throughout the film, detailing the story, so that when we learn of Snape's true intent, all we need to see is from when he meets Dumbledore on the hillside to the present. Having it all given to us in one shot may slow the film down too much, just when I am guessing it will be ramping up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

I couldn't figure out why Bellatrix was sitting so calmly next to Harry at 00:39...
    forgot it was Hermione

Think it looks fantastic, can't wait to see Molly vs. Bellatrix! So glad they didn't put
    Ron and Hermione kissing
    in the trailer, really would have ruined it.
    They seem to have added in a lot things to make it more exciting, the falling off the building thing for one and also, Ron and Hermione running away from a fire monster...hope they haven't left out too much book stuff.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Oh I can't wait! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

tomissex wrote: »
    Ron and Hermione running away from a fire monster...

I haven't watched the trailer, but would this not be
    the thing that Crabbe (or was it Goyle) summoned in the room of requirement where Harry ends up saving Draco?

• Advertisement

Maybe but it looks like a Hogwarts corridor rather than the Room but I hope that's what it is instead of some other random thing they added in.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Dan Dare

I can't wait either.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Faith wrote: »
    Oh I can't wait! :D
    Me, neither!

What I am most looking forward to is the Snape and Lily backstory. It's my favourite parts of DH. I really hope they've squeezed as much of that in as possible. Or else include it in its entirety in the extended DVD :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Maybe but it looks like a Hogwarts corridor rather than the Room but I hope that's what it is instead of some other random thing they added in.

No its defo the room, you can see random stuff behind the fire and beside ron and hermoine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheBuilder

Can't wait for this, it better not be a let down.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Forgot that this was so soon! Eep! Just wastched part one on dvd last week and it got me thinking.

Also reading this thread and seeing that trailer makes me want need to re-read DH again as I appear to have forgotten parts :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I found this yesterday. The excitement is starting to build now, I can't wait for the movie, I hope it isn't a let down.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

kateos2 wrote: »
    I found this yesterday. The excitement is starting to build now, I can't wait for the movie, I hope it isn't a let down.

That is a great trailer, kateos2! I've watched it five times :D Thanks so much for posting it!

The final ad has just been released!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

So excited :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I haven't watched the trailer, but would this not be
    the thing that Crabbe (or was it Goyle) summoned in the room of requirement where Harry ends up saving Draco?

Think its the Garbruthian fire(sp).

Does anyone else think Lily looks very old in the last trailer?She's only meant to be 21 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭toodleytoo

yeah, she's only meant to be in her early twenties isn't she? It looks good :) I am slightly worried about the whole
    harry and voldemort pulling each other off the wall part in the trailer.
    It's a bit stupid looking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

The final ad has just been released!

So excited, getting shivers down my spine watching trailers!!

Just booked my tickets for the 17th in Cineworld there, won't be able to go on the Fri/Sat because of work. I'm so excited. If I find a midnight show, I'll go to that too though..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

I randomly get goosebumps when thinking about it. I was discussing the possibility of going to a midnight showing with a friend, not sure if that'll work out but I need to see it almost as soon as it's out, the anticipation is killing me. :o

• Advertisement

ok does anyone know anywhere that is doing a normal 2D screening, me and my friends just hate 3D, and also , any word on midnight showings anywhere?!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭scotty_irish

part one was the only HP film i actually enjoyed, the books whoop the film's asses. hopefully 2 is as good! just saw the hangover 2 and that was total sh*te.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

eVeNtInE wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

actually really really really annoyed I got them confused.Harry Potter is the only thing I have any fecking knowledge in:P

Just booked tickets for midnight :D:D

Just booked tickets for midnight :D:D

Which cinema has a midnight showing?

Swords

Swords

Movies-at Swords? I can't see it on the site :(

Jesus Swords is miles away from me, theres got to be somewhere closer to town doing a midnight showing. :(

• Advertisement

Movies-at Swords? I can't see it on the site :(

Yup! Here tis: link

Advertisement