Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What kind of helmet?

Options
  • 28-04-2011 7:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭

I'd buy my first helmet and have no idea what to look for and where?

Dunno what is important to look for in good helmet.. still nothing professional and expensive. I only know it needs to fit my big rounded head and I m gonna use it occasionally on track days.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,285 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

How much is a helmet approved for circuit racing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭freestyla

Would need one which is approved for track days.. up to 100eur doesn't sound bad! Everyone browsing this forum should get one :P

Any brands, shops, locations? searching doesnt give me much anything :(

Lidl, Aldi etc no no no :D

Murray motorsport has nice product range and pictures. I think could find there what I m looking for, like http://www.murraymotorsport.ie/products/sparco-challenger-2-helmet or http://www.murraymotorsport.ie/products/sparco-challenger-helmet

still 300-400eur is maybe too much for my needs.. Should be much more product details thou.. like this Voyager Evo is only 89eur but what else its missing than fire proof materials? is it 10kg heavier or what significant drawbacks compared to Sparco Challenger?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,285 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    The cheapest one you can buy in a shop here in Ireland (which is the one I use btw) is around 300e. You could probably find one online cheaper but just make its certified. Nothing more annoying than going to your first race and to find your helmet wont pass scrutiny.

€300 is not bad tbh.

Got that cheap Sparco Voyager Evo.. its comfy and looks like real racing helmet :D

Now garage for whole day.. hopefully tomo or monday at Modello.

• Advertisement
Advertisement