Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*resitting the leaveing cert *

Options
  • 28-04-2011 2:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭

hey,

prob in wrong place but anyway

I am looking for information on how i would redo my leaveing cert again . I sitted the leaveing cert in june 2008 . The last few years since i have wanted to try the advanced mechanisation cert in palaskenry but points is way above what i got in 2008 which means i need better leaveing cert in order to get in . Is there a way of doing it in the evenings or nights as i have a part time day/weekend night job . I think i can do similar course in palaskenry with the green cert but rather avail of leaveing cert points if can b gotten .

bk1991

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,783 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

You won't get much help by posting this in the Farming & Forestry forum!

Why not post it in the Leaving Cert forum instead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

bk1991 wrote: »
    hey,

prob in wrong place but anyway

I am looking for information on how i would redo my leaveing cert again . I sitted the leaveing cert in june 2008 . The last few years since i have wanted to try the advanced mechanisation cert in palaskenry but points is way above what i got in 2008 which means i need better leaveing cert in order to get in . Is there a way of doing it in the evenings or nights as i have a part time day/weekend night job . I think i can do similar course in palaskenry with the green cert but rather avail of leaveing cert points if can b gotten .

bk1991

To be honest with you, resitting the leaving cert would probably meant that you would have to go back to school on a permanent or semi - permanent basis, and you might have to don the school uniform. I doubt very much that you would enjoy going back to school with a load of kids that are much younger than you. Ok, from time to time you see mature people on the news or on newspapers who have gone back to do the leaving cert - but this is normally just 1 or 2 subjects like Irish or english - they are never doing it for the points. A friend of mine at 24 years old went back to do his leaving cert to get the points to do medicine - however he went to a private repeat school in dublin. They can cost €10k.

Have you spoken to the admissions office in palaskenry?? Like all colleges, they have to accept transfer students from other courses or they have to be able to identify a third level course for you which will give you the qualification necessary to get onto their course. I think that this would bemuch easier and much more enjoyable for you. If they can't help then you need to see a proper career guidance person - either pay for one yourself or use the adult guidance officer in your local VEC. There has to be a course available to you which palaskenry would recognise instead of your leaving cert.

PS. "Leaveing Cert" is spelled "Leaving Cert" ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

there are few more ways of getting into the course you speak of as I had two students here from the course and one had come from leaving cert route the other had come from the normal green cert route AFAIK. get onto the admissions office in Pallaskenery and you will be put right very quick on the alternative routes to entry to the course

Is this the course you want to do? http://www.pallaskenry.com/pdiploma_in_fm.html
    Admission to Course

Students must have completed one year in an agricultural college or an equivalent college, i.e. Institute of Technology.
    Must be recommended by the Principal of the college attended.
    Places will be awarded on the basis of an interview and workshop knowledge.
    Application and Further Details

For further information and application form please contact the college. Completed application forms should be returned to the Principal together with birth certificate, agricultural college reference and 10 Euro application fee immediately.

(as places are limited, an interview and practical skill assessment will be held in June to allocate places)

A medical certificate will be required at a later date should a candidate be successful in obtaining a place on the course. Parents or Guardians will be liable for any medical expenses incurred by there son or daughter while attending the college.
    Have you already done the year in agricultural college? I don't see any leaving cert requirements listed.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭bk1991

Is this the course you want to do? http://www.pallaskenry.com/pdiploma_in_fm.html

Have you already done the year in agricultural college? I don't see any leaving cert requirements listed.

i have half completed the year in agriculture in sept 2008 after leaving cert but due to car accidents i had to leave and the princable had personal issues when i went back to reapeat so it didnt work out in 2009 .I have reapplied this year again so mabey something will happed . but dont think it will get me into this course its this one ....

http://www.pallaskenry.com/lit_course.html

cheers
    bk1991

• Advertisement
Advertisement