Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Join IPAV or remain with IAVI / SCSI?

Options
  • 27-04-2011 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi all, I'm not sure if this is in the right thread but I couldn't figure out where else to post it. This is for any IAVI or IPAV members.

I am an estate agent and a member of the IAVI. They have merged with SCSI (society of chartered surveyors ireland) and it is now required that I carry out 450 hours of study, have a full SCSI member supervise my work for a year and go for a final interview to become a full member. I am self-employed and work on my own so the study is not an option as I don't have time. And I have no-one to supervise me as I work alone so that's not an option for me either. To be honest in my opinion the IAVI have not been any help to me, only that I can put their letters after my name.

My question is this, I have been told bythe IPAV that they will accept my membership but I don't know anything about them. The IAVI have a snobby attitude towards them which I've no doubt is unwarranted. My only concern would be the PSRA would introduce something similar to what the IAVI are doing now with SCS. Or the banks would only accept valuations from IAVI members.

I'd welcome any comments from IAVI or IPAV members.

If anyone spots which heading this thread should be in please let me know, if this one isn't correct.

Many thanks in advance for any replies.

Advertisement