Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good beer in Killkenny

Options
  • 27-04-2011 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Hey,
    Heading to Killkenny this weekend for the Rhythm & Roots festival and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for places with some good beers.

Somewhere with some nice ales would be great.

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

You should be able to get the Dungarvan range in bottles at The Grapevine on Rose Inn Street (via the Beoir Directory) but that's all I know of.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

BeerNut wrote: »
    You should be able to get the Dungarvan range in bottles at The Grapevine on Rose Inn Street (via the Beoir Directory) but that's all I know of.

Yes, they have a handfull of bottled beers, Dungarvan and a few English ales and something like Krombacher.
    Food is kind of hit and miss, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Mo14

Hi there.
    Kilkenny is pretty awful for getting decent beers I'm afraid. You have The Grapevine as others have suggested. The Pumphouse on Parliament Street is where I frequent, they have Duvel, Paulaner, Pilsner Urquell, Hoegaarden, Franziskaner and maybe one or two others. Not a great selection, but the best I've found here so far. Hope you enjoy your stay regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

If you are looking for some takeaway beer, then a good off license is the wine centre. Its on John Street. Its quite close to Langtons on the opposite side of the rd. Very good selection (at least for kilkenny).

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭SteeveeDee

Thanks for the replies folks.Will check out The Grapevine and The Pumphouse for sure and Im sure there will be some off licensing going on also,If I just have the Dungarvan at hand I'll be more than happy!all info is much appreciated.:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement