Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free PS3 with Sony Vaio Desktop (€999 @ Sony center and Peats)

Options
  • 27-04-2011 5:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭

Spotted this in the Sony center and Peats today. Deal includes...

Sony VAIO VPCJ12LOE Desktop witha free PS3 for €999. ( They dont specify the exact model however the Sony center advertised a fat version on the poster.)

Features
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    Intel Core i3-380M processor running @ 2.40Ghz
    3GB of DDR-III 1066Mhz memory (8GB max)
    Stunning 21.5" full HD touch screen display
    Large 500GB hard drive
    Built-in DVD-Writer
    Multiple USB2.0 ports, 1 x Firewire 400 port
    Built-in memory card reader (SDXC compatible)
    Built-in wireless N networking and Gigabit ethernet
    Bluetooth connectivity
    Integrated webcam which is ideal for Skype, MSN and other Voip programs

VPCJ12LOE.jpg

http://www.peats.com/cgi-bin/catalog_v2.cgi?type=product&id=27800

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Bad time to be giving out free PS3 in an offer. ;)

Also it doesn't say what graphics card is in it. If its just Intel HD then its fairly dear even for a touchscreen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭!MAVERICK!

Jaafa wrote: »
    Bad time to be giving out free PS3 in an offer. ;)

Sure is ah well Id say it might be fixed by next week. But 2011 is certainly not a good year for the japs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

can't even give them away :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Can't see many people buying desktops these days. Its all laptops and netbooks (unless for gaming, but theres consoles for that)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭!MAVERICK!

phill106 wrote: »
    Can't see many people buying desktops these days. Its all laptops and netbooks (unless for gaming, but theres consoles for that)

Yeah I know, im not interested in it myself just posted it incase anyone is in the market for a touch screen desktop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

And this "desktop" doesnt even have a desktop processor, the i3 380m is a laptop processor and is based on 2010 architecture in any case. Its questionable how good a deal this is really, if some one bought that "desktop" on its own for €1000, i'd probably say they were ripped off

Advertisement