Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Campervan/Motorhome rental

Options
  • 27-04-2011 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm looking into renting a campervan for about 4 days in June but I'm completely clueless, can anybody point me in the direction of somewhere reasonably priced (also what IS a reasonable price)?

After a brief perusal I have noticed some places charging mad money to pick up and drop off the vehicle in certain places, does that just come down to where the company is located?

I'd need something for 2 adults and a child, wouldn't need to be super luxurious but would like comfortable at least. Am based south Dublin.

Any help or pointers appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

motorhome hire is not cheap most will only hire you for a week at that time of year cost 800/1000€ http://cheapmotorhomes.ie/results.html?search_uuid=1445476541-1303918521

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

I only know of a place in Mayo that does them. http://www.iwmotorhomes.ie/

tbh, renting a motor home isn't cheap anyway (thats why I'm building my own), so don't expect anyone to hire one to you cheap unless its a private deal if you know what I mean

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

daily rate is between 120 and 150 euro . Not cheap , but blame the insurers...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

That isn't terribly expensive compared to car hire & accomodation, of course you have to add on campsites, fuel tolls ect.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mc_attack

I spotted a campervan in achill last weekend, I just went looking for it and it seems to be a new company. www.detour.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Skylight 01

We rented a motorhome a few times before buying one from Cara motorhomes. We found them very helpful and still to this day if we ring with a problem they are always accommodating. Their service is excellent.

Renting is expensive but you save a good bit when your not going out to eat for every meal.

Hope this helps

Oh their website is www.caramotorhomes.ie

Advertisement