Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lake inchigeelagh cork

Options
  • 27-04-2011 9:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭

I'm new to pike fish and went fishing inchigeelagh over the weekend.We rented a boat from the french guy that owns the holiday village(great guy) and headed out.He informed us that it was 6 miles of water.So not knowing where we were going we headed off.We fished here and there with no luck and after half the day on the lower part headed to the top and hooked 3 jacks ranging from a pound up to 4.I'm planning to head back soon and what what I'm wondering is could anyone recommend a few spots to catch some bigger pike.I'm really just looking to catch my first double.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

There's plenty of good spots, we fish from the bank. Get a map from Greg, shows the drop-offs. We used smelt (from Greg) and met 6 pike, landed 3 on Monday, best was 7lbs. We don't use a boat though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

Ya he was saying on Saturday there was a 20 lber caught on smelt.We had 1 on herring 1 trolling a shad and 1 on a rapala from the reeds.We had the chart and the sounder but its a such a vast size of water.There seemed to be more people fishing the top section more then anywhere else.Would it be one of the better spots?

Advertisement