Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestlings Dream Matches

Options
  • 27-04-2011 9:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭

I was just wondering what anybodys idea of the dream match would be i would have to go Bret Hart v Kurt Angle mainly because im a big fan of actual "proper wrestlers" - if you know what i mean. Both were/are great workers and together could put on a masterclass of wrestling imo. Plus, i would have loved to see Stone Cold in his day stun the absolute life out of Hogan over and over and over again

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I'd imagine Bret Vs CM Punk would be a pretty good match, as would Orton Vs Austin.

Maybe Owen Hart against Angle also, Owen had a wicked belly to belly suplex in his arsenal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

The dream matches I always think of are

Austin - Hogan
    Taker - Sting
    Michaels - Rock
    Angle - Bret

They'd be the biggest ones IMO. Maybe Austin-Goldberg in 1999 too, but I'd rather Austin-Hogan personally

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Some matches i'd love to see would be:

Stone Cold vs. CM Punk
    Kurt Angle vs. Daniel Bryan - Ultimate Submission
    Hulk Hogan vs. Cena
    Taker vs. Sting
    HBK vs. Edge - TLC Match

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Bret Hart v Kurt Angle would be epic. I'd love if they had a 2 out of 3 falls match. I'd be as excited as Síle Seoige at a Kylie gig watching that!

Steve Austin v CM Punk. A pre-neck injury Austin in particular. They would have a great match and the build would be excellent. Think Straight Edge against Beer Swilling Texas Rattlesnake. Oh hell yeah!

Shawn Michaels v Rob Van Dam in a Ladder Match. It'd probably be the greatest ladder match imaginable. HBK would know exactly how to utilise RVD in a match. Two of the most charismatic wrestlers ever as well.

Bryan Danielson v Chris Benoit. Would have been spectacular.

Undertaker v Sting at Wrestlemania. That should have been the focal point when WCW were bought. Vince should have done whatever needed to be done to make that happen.

Ric Flair(1980s Flair) v Triple H. Two of the best at knowing how to put on a top level match going at it. Would have been awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭sliotor

Yeah a few have mentioned it and I agree angle vs hart would have been class especially like a 60 min iron match.

I think davey Richards vs dynamite kid would have been good match and I believe Richards has been compared to dynamite and even think in new Japan they gave him a nickname of dynamite davey Richards.

I think prince devitt vs Daniel Bryan would be a pretty good match to watch.

Aj styles vs y2j would be another I think would be good.

Desmond Wolfe vs Chris benoit would be an interesting one as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭viper.10

Its a pity they couldn't have put Ultimate Warrior and John Cena in the ring together - sit back, grab your popcorn, feet up and watch a wrestling car crash

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

viper.10 wrote: »
    Its a pity they couldn't have put Ultimate Warrior and John Cena in the ring together - sit back, grab your popcorn, feet up and watch a wrestling car crash

cenas been in the ring with khali who had 1/10th the energy of warrior and still got a decent match out of him, warrior and hogan was not a bad match at all at mania6 and cena is basically playing the hogan role today except with far more actual wrestling moves, everytime cena and batista wrestled they had the best or second best match on the card and tista is the closest in style to warrior from recent memory

anyway on topic, austin and goldberg in 1998 would have been the biggest match in history had it been booked, 1999 was too late as goldberg had already lost the streak and thus most of his value, if they had booked that match for say summerslam 1998, back in the territory days they would have booked that match and it would have ended in a draw

andre 1970s and paul wight 1995-96 is another match i would have loved to have seen, andre 1987 and wight 2006 might have been more of an attraction though

• Registered Users Posts: 85,486 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

+ 1 to Bret Hart v Kurt Angle and HBK V The Rock and SCSA V CM Punk

Also

Bryan Danielson v Kurt Angle

MCMG V E&C

Bryan Danielson v HBK

CM Punk V Christian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Undertaker vs Eddie Guerrero,Brock Lesnar vs Samoa Joe,Kurt Angle vs Bret Hart,Hbk vs The Rock,AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels vs a in shape Hardys vs MCMG vs E & C, DX vs NWO.There is a bomb of others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Eddie vs HBK for me. Can you imagine?

• Advertisement

flahavaj wrote: »
    Eddie vs HBK for me. Can you imagine?

Rey and HBK had a good tribute match for Eddie.
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6pne9_rey-mysterio-vs-shawn-michaels-trib_sport

I'd love to have seen Eddie and Michaels in a proper feud, leading a 20+ minute match. Great mixture of in-ring ability and charisma.

Oh and some dude on You Tube seems to share your love of this idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Ken Shamrock -v- my old school principal in a first man to DIE loses match:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

The Rockers vs The Hardy Boys Vs Motor City Machine Guns (Triple Threat Ladder Match)

Steve Austin vs Mr Anderson

Steve Blackman vs Kurt Angle

Diesel & Razor Ramon vs "Big Evil" Undertaker & Kane (before he lost the mask)

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭super182

Zack Ryder, w. Rosa Mendes vs. Robbie E, w. Cookie

WWWYKI

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Brock Lessnar vs. Kenta Kobashi. Stiff as ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Of what is still capable of happening

Angle V Danielson

Danielson V Jericho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

gimmick wrote: »
    Of what is still capable of happening

Angle V Danielson

Danielson V Jericho

The latter happened on the 1st episode of Nxt.Hope they get a proper run though,I was hoping when he signed a lot of wwe guys would be chomping at the bit to wrestle Danielson.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

hogan 92 vs austin 98

perfect vs danielson

regal vs roberts

piper vs jericho

flair vs benoit

all at their peak

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

GTR63 wrote: »
    The latter happened on the 1st episode of Nxt.Hope they get a proper run though,I was hoping when he signed a lot of wwe guys would be chomping at the bit to wrestle Danielson.

I do not count a throwaway match like that as a real match.

I would also like to see MCMG Vs ANX

MCMG Vs Kenta & Marufuji (I booked this in the draft a few years ago. What a match).

Briscoes Vs Beer Money in a brawl.

Tag team dream matches:

Motor City Machine Guns v The Hardy Boyz v Dudley Boyz v Edge & Christian in a TLC: This is awesome!

The Legion of Doom v The Dudley Boys: Full on, smash mouth tag team match. Have them beat the shít out of each other.

The Hollywood Blondes (Steve Austin/Brian Pillman) v AJ Style/Daniels

RVD & Sabu v Impact Players: Best two tag teams in ECW.

Steiner Brothers v MCMG: Had to get the Steiners on the list. Basically MCMG against any team on this list would be awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Bryan Danielson vs Bret Hart

MCMG vs Hardy Boyz vs E+C vs Dudley Boyz (Fatal-4-way TLC)

HBK vs The Rock (Would have made a great Summerslam match at some point. If Rocky hadnt left you can be dead sure they would have done it somehow.)

Jericho/Miz vs Anyone. I really just wanna see them team up at some point and do it properly.

Brock Lesnar vs Bobby Lashley (Cage match, I want em throwing each other through the cell like two massive beasts)

aaand...

Undertaker vs Mordecai, purely for the entrances and the bill for the pyro. :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Dream matches card

Opener: Bryan Danielson vs The Dynamite Kid

TLC tag titles: Motor City Machine Guns v The Hardy Boyz v Dudley Boyz v Edge & Christian

US/IC unification match: Bret Hart vs Kurt Angle

D-Generation X vs The NWO

The Rock vs HBK

Hell in a Cell: The Undertaker vs Sting

World title main event: Stone Cold Steve Austin vs Hulk Hogan

bonus main event: SCSA vs CM Punk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭viper.10

how about a real life scrap between undertaker - who thinks he is a proper badass and meng - somebody that has scared everybody that has ever met him. only one winner i think.......

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Cactus Colm

Lets see ...

Hell In A Cell: Cactus Jack v Bruiser Brody

TLC: The Hardys v E&C v The Rockers v The Hart Foundation

Money In The Bank: Dynamite Kid v Shelton Benjamin v CM Punk v Benoit v Owen Hart v Razor Ramon

Eddie Guerrero v Ricky Steamboat

Randy Savage v Kurt Angle

Advertisement