Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comic shops in Dublin.

Options
  • 27-04-2011 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Im not sure if I will find much help here but it cant hurt to try.

Ive been collecting and reading comics for a long time not but its always been from local shops, second hand stores or from the internet. I am planning on travelling to Dublin and checking out what the comic shops are like, and thats where I need advice. Does anyone know what the best comic shops are and does anyone have any tips on comic buying in Dublin in general? I also want to buy comic boxes (hopefull drawer boxes), bags and boards. Anyone know hat price i would be looking at? Any other information would also be appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Hi firstprime, welcome to the forum :)

Have a look at this thread - there's a lot of information there about the shops in Dublin.

There's also a short thread about comic book cases here that might interest you.

In terms of the pricing for bags & boards, that'll depend on where you source them from. I'd say it's worth looking online; my general experience of comic shopping in Ireland is that it's more expensive than elsewhere, even factoring in the exchange rate, due to the comparatively niche status of the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭firstprime

Thanks for the reply. There are more stores than I thought, Ill have some ground to cover. do you know if they sell drawer boxes in any Dublin stores? I looked at them on the internet but they are only available from America and the shipping is ridiculous.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

firstprime wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. There are more stores than I thought, Ill have some ground to cover. do you know if they sell drawer boxes in any Dublin stores? I looked at them on the internet but they are only available from America and the shipping is ridiculous.

I've not been to any of the Dublin stores in years, but as far as I remember from other folks asking similar questions none of the Irish comic shops carry them, which is a real pity.

You may have better luck looking for UK comic shops that can get them and see if they'll post them over. Still not a great solution but the shipping should be less brutal than it would be from the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭firstprime

Ah that's disappointing, I may just have to get regular longboxes and stack them. I am still somewhat of a small collector with about 1000 comics but very few of them are bagged and boarded so I'm thinking that between bags, boards and boxes I'm going to have to put a fair but of money into protecting them. Oh how I wish there was a comic shop here in Wexford to drain my wallet and lift my spirits, being a non-driver even a day trip to Dublin takes an unnecessary amount of hassle.

Advertisement