Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a new Wargame...

Options
  • 26-04-2011 10:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi. As the title says, I'm looking for a new wargame to play. Preferably a fantasy based skirmish game. I've played/collected L5r: Clan War, Celtos, Warzone, Hordes and pretty much everything by Games Workshop. I'm looking for something new and fun, not too time consuming and something that I don't need to buy loads of rulebooks/army books for....... Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

If you want fantasy based then check out Malifaux http://wyrd-games.net/

It's small scale, maybe 7 or 8 models a side but you would probably want to buy more like 20 models if you're anything like me. It's a good game imo and fantasy based. You would need to buy one book. I'm unsure if you need the 2nd book as I stopped playing just before the 2nd one came out.

If you're less stuck on fantasy then check out Infinity http://www.infinitythegame.com/infinity/en/

It's also small scale, with 8 to 10 models a side. It's my current game of choice. Fantastic models, great rules, really cinematic imo and positioning and tactics are key. Rules and army lists are also free downloads from the company website.

Malifaux has some of the very best Fantasy miniatures out there right now and Infinity has the very best sci-fi minis out there currently (it's won TTGN sci-model of the year the last couple of years).

Both excellent games imo. Depending on where you are, you may have trouble getting opponents though. Dublin has players of both with Infinity more popular I think, and Cork has Malifaux players, I've no idea about Infinity in Cork. Probably not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 WorldSocksBox

Thanks! I have some models from Malifaux as some of the fantasy ones are nice. I'm not sure about the steampunk setting though I like the fact that it's 1-2 books. The ninja models for Infinity are nice too, tempting to collect them too. I'm in Cork so playing Malifaux would be handy! Cheers!

Advertisement