Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big NorthWave Reseller?

Options
  • 26-04-2011 10:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I'm cracking up at the moment and I'm seriously thinking of going back to Toe clips

Help!

Can someone please tell me

Which reseller in Dublin/Wicklow has the largest NorthWave shoe selection ?

I've very wide feet for my shoe size in a running shoe I'm US 10 with a width fitting of 4E which is about as wide as you can get. :(

I've tried lake wide and Sidi mega shoes and some shimanos with no joy
    Northwave have been recommended but most shops I've tried have
    very few Northwave shoes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ryder

'The Bike Shop' in limerick stock these.....I think. From what ive seen in the shop they appear to have a reasonable size selection

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 verywidefeet

Thanks for the reply Ryder, I should have said in Dublin my bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭jiffybag

What model of shoe? I got mine from a place up north , they always have a good selection of Northwave shoes . They where size eur47 Jet .

I'm looking initially for Spdsl's

maybe a Vertigo or Vertigo Pro or Aerlite 3 or even if all else fails an Spd City Cruiser

I'm not really decided as its all down to sizing and comfort for me I'm
    just coming back to cycling after a very long break (Previously on an antique Dyna Sys Dura ace with Toe Clips)

I'll just be doing a few hours a week but I don't mind paying a bit more for shoes that fit well.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Specialized are also wide. If road shoes don't work out try MTB SPDs before giving up entirely - you can get these wider/less tight in my limited experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭MadHatter

I have a similar problem with foot shape, my feet are very wide at the toes so I need a shoe with plenty of space in the toebox. My Northwave Vertigo SBS shoes are very wide fitting - probably a little too wide with a summer sock - but they're the only cycling shoe I've tried where my correct size (41) actually fits. All other times I've had to size up to get the width and end up with a shoe that's too long.

However, my Northwave Tribal triathlon shoes (yes, yes, no smart comments!) are not so wide, perhaps because you don't need to wear a sock with them. Also, the Northwave Celsius winter boots I tried in 41 were far too tight. So, long story short, the wide fit does not seem to run throughout the range - try before buying.

I got both my pairs in Cycleways about 18 months ago but they were selling them off at the time so probably none left at this stage. Maybe worth a call, but you can try some Specialized in there anyhow to see if they work. Humphries in Finglas also stock Northwave (or did in the past) so you could try there too.

Its really good to get some feed back from someone who has the same problem

Thanks Very much MadHatter

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Wheelworx stock a good enough selection, I picked up a pair of Aerlite 5 SBS out there about 6 moths ago for €150, very good value at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Single Malt

To my knowledge jhi wholesale northwave in Ireland. They have a retail shop in Finglas

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Eurocycles on South William St have some Northwave shoes. So I would presume all branches could get them for you.

They're on the website as well: http://www.eurocycles.ie/Shoes/Road/Northwave_Vertigo_Pro/3874_p.aspx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

I bought a pair of aerlite 5 sbs last week in buildabike off capel street. They had some northwave in stock but got in the aerlites for me when I asked them. I also have a wide foot and am very happy with my new shoes!!

Thank you all Very much for your posts . I'll be ringing around a few of the shops
    you've mentioned today.

Also I kind of like the look of "Bont" shoes has anyone got first hand opinions on them and do they have a wide fitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

bit later i know

but humphries cycles in finglas is the irish distributor for northwave

Advertisement