Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nicolas Hamilton racing Renault Clio Cup.

Options
  • 26-04-2011 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,264 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone see this. i think he has had his first race at this stage. Cant see alot of info on the result of the race.
    I think its a fabulous achievement even with the backing he has. He is heavily disabled so to run in a series such as that is impressive IMO.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Chopper888

You will get all the BTCC Support Series results on www.tsl-timing.com

• Registered Users Posts: 23,264 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Got the results. Ok he is running pretty much at the back but certainly not disgraceful times and it seems beat a team mate in qualifying and race on different occasions.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 timt

Must be in the blood! :)

Fair play to him though

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭matty55

Great to see!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

I hope he does well, I dislike his brother intensely, but I hope he does well. At least to a level where he can make a living from racing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,470 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

ottostreet wrote: »
    At least to a level where he can make a living from racing!

sure he can just sponge off his brother, just like he used his position and fame to get into that race in the firstplace

• Registered Users Posts: 23,264 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I think we all know he would never have got anywhere near the car without his connections but the fact that he can run a respectable pace in amazing IMO. His pace probably puts him ahead of 99% of the normal population in relation to driver skill. Taking his severe disability - which effects muscle control into account, it is a stunning achievement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Harcrid

I see he has had his first proper crash in testing yesterday. He is unhurt though thankfully.

I think he was a top UK simulation racing driver on PS3 before taking it up for real.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

So a multimilionaire apparently bankrolls his disabled brother in a low-rent series and this is a source of amusement?

I expect Zanardi's false legs to be soon subject to the same interrogation...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

This is only one step shy of a headline like "Disabled person in 'being good at something' shocker". Open your minds people.

Apart from anything else, if I had funding and connections, I'd be unashamedly doing it too. But I don't so I sit at home and occasionally talk motorsport on Boards. Just like (most of) you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement