Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outland

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Saw this on Kotaku recently, and it looks awesome. It's a beautiful looking game, and co-op looks like its brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,466 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Very tempted by this

Edit: Only 800 points? Now I'm more than tempted, glad to see some games slip back to the 800 price point.

Played a bit of the demo there, I like it a lot. I get the feeling this could get a little difficult later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Queued up the demo for this. Definetly looks very cool, and at only 800 points, it looks to be a deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,533 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Looks good, how many trophies does it cost :confused:

• Advertisement

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Looks good, how many trophies does it cost :confused:

How many what?

Read post 3. 800 points on XBL.
    Probably won't be on PSN until that's back up online (should have been released there yesterday).

• Registered Users Posts: 29,533 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I don't have any points but I have a load of PS3 trophies :D Seriously though, is this coming to PS3?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I'm actually in the process of writing a review for this game. It's extremely good and well worth a purchase.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,166 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Tried the trial and I liked it. Visually a strange mix of Tron and Avatar :pac: Trying to decide whether to pick it or Trouble Witches Neo! this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭KilOit

Turrican and flashback had a baby and this was it, looks interesting and different from the norm in this day and age, any pc version?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Someone said Turrican?

Sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Played this for a little while last night, and I taught it was excellent.

Brilliant game. I got past the first boss battle, but it took me a few goes. I expect later ones will be MUCH tougher too.

What's good about this game is that the light/dark mechanic means you have to think things through. If you're light, you can absorb light bullets but can't hurt the light enemies that fire them. Very clever.

Good checkpoint system too. The maps are a decent size, but just small enough where you say "Ah I'll just play to the next save point". And the next, and the next. :)

Try the demo - there is a section it throws you into near the end that shows off the light/dark mechanic really well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,166 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mr E wrote: »
    If you're light, you can absorb light bullets but can't hurt the light enemies that fire them. Very clever.

Oi, Ikaruga wants a word :pac:

But this does seem to have a unique slant on the idea too.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Ikaruga and Prince of Persia ****ed, and this was the offshot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Disappointed, I thought this was going to be a game based on the excellent sci-fi starring Sean Connery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

The narrator in the second video sounds like Kratos voice actor.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭AllYourBass

I obviously didn't give the demo enough time given the praise heaped on it so far. But Metroidvania? Zoinks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Bought this and played for about an hour last night.
    I'd highly reccomend it. Looks fantastic on a big screen with the lights out.

As mod of The Journal of Impossible Things, you're going to love it (cos it gets friggin' impossible later on!) :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

lovin this, reminds me of turrican (as said above) and limbo (graphics) and I keep wanting to turn into a ball! First boss was easy but am looking forward to the next. Anyone finish it? How big a game is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Disappointed, I thought this was going to be a game based on the excellent sci-fi starring Sean Connery.

Which owes a lot to High Noon!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Advertisement