Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can a demo in fact be better than the final album version?

Options
  • 26-04-2011 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

I came across this the other day and can't stop playing it. I'm a huge Fleetwood Mac fan, but never really fell in love with Stevie's 'Gypsy'. But having heard this, it just takes it to another level. Has anyone else ever come across a similar situation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭neil_18_

Dotsey wrote: »
    Songbird by Oasis
    Songbird demo

Never heard that version, thats going on my ipod :D

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭brokenice

neil_18_ wrote: »
    Never heard that version, thats going on my ipod :D

it adds more layers alright, still very oasisish!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Never liked it! I do however, prefer the 'Where Did It All Go Wrong' demo over the album.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Manchegan

brokenice wrote: »
    I'm a huge Fleetwood Mac fan, but never really fell in love with Stevie's 'Gypsy'.

You should give more time to listen to Lindsey Buckingham's blistering guitar solo at the end.

Manchegan wrote: »
    You should give more time to listen to Lindsey Buckingham's blistering guitar solo at the end.

don't get me wrong, it's a good song, and yes buck's guitar is ace (guitarist myself). i just think it turned out a little cutesy or something as a track. the synth riff ruins it or something. that's why i love her demo. it's a bit sadder. there are other demo versions too with christine playing the piano.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

A lot of Oasis already in this thread but I always thought this Noel demo of "Its A Crime", which later turned into "Let there be love", was a lot more heartfelt than the final version.

keeping with my fleetwood vibe and technically a remix...but damn this is good...but better final album mix...maybe!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭dasdog

I wouldn't normally listen to Oasis but isn't "live demonstration" the famous demo tape that got them on their way? There's a Noel Gallagher 1989 five track recording (Noel's songs) knocking about which is quite good also.

Again I don't really listen to them but the best demo I've heard is from Queen (1971). Metallica's is pretty good too but the sounds a bit shyte.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭Bus77II

Heard a demo for ''Sure Nuff N Yes I Do'' by Captain Beefheart that blows away the album version.

Advertisement