Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youngs double chocolate stout

Options
  • 26-04-2011 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Anyone know where this is sold in the Kildare/Dublin area? My local eurospar in Naas used to sell it but haven't seen it for ages.

Thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Hi all,

Anyone know where this is sold in the Kildare/Dublin area? My local eurospar in Naas used to sell it but haven't seen it for ages.

Thanks...

It was pulled a few months back because of a suspected issue with glass fragments in the beer

This was part of a press releace

"As a precautionary measure, Wells and Young’s Brewing Company Ltd., are recalling certain bottled beer products due to the potential risk of glass fragments being present. In-store notices are being displayed in all affected retail outlets, informing consumers of the recall.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Molloys Clondalkin

After many weeks waiting for it to come back I finally got some from Premier so Im sure all the stores should see it back on the shelves soon.
    Maybe a reminder to them to order it in as when its out for so long some people may forget to keep trying to order it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

oblivious wrote: »
    It was pulled a few months back because of a suspected issue with glass fragments in the beer

"As a precautionary measure, Wells and Young’s Brewing Company Ltd., are recalling certain bottled beer products due to the potential risk of glass fragments being present. In-store notices are being displayed in all affected retail outlets, informing consumers of the recall.

Hadn't actually heard about that. Nasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

oblivious wrote: »

Hadn't actually heard about that. Glass is not exactly what you want in your stout. Hopefully it get sorted soon.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Glass is not exactly what you want in your stout.
    Other way round for me please :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

Im fairly certain I saw it in Superquinn Swords at the weekend.

Advertisement