Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Broadband switch exchange

Options
  • 26-04-2011 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hey, I've been having very bad ping around peak times the past 2 or 3 months, as have a few other people in my area.

I live a few miles away from the exchange, and so my line attenuation is quite poor, i'm literally at the end of the line for my area. I was wondering if it's possible to move my connection to the next area, as I figure that I'm just as close to it as I am to the current one. The exchange I'm on now is in the town, and the one I was hoping to move over to would have less people on it, and I figured that would lower congestion?

Downstream Upstream
    Max Allowed Speed (kbps) 3072 384
    SN Margin (dB) 6.50 16.00
    Line Attenuation (dB) 50.00 29.00
    CRC Errors 990 699

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Thread moved to eircom support forum. You'll get an official answer here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hey, I've been having very bad ping around peak times the past 2 or 3 months, as have a few other people in my area.

I live a few miles away from the exchange, and so my line attenuation is quite poor, i'm literally at the end of the line for my area. I was wondering if it's possible to move my connection to the next area, as I figure that I'm just as close to it as I am to the current one. The exchange I'm on now is in the town, and the one I was hoping to move over to would have less people on it, and I figured that would lower congestion?

Downstream Upstream
    Max Allowed Speed (kbps) 3072 384
    SN Margin (dB) 6.50 16.00
    Line Attenuation (dB) 50.00 29.00
    CRC Errors 990 699

Seckz Panther,

Can you private message me with your eircom telephone number or account number and I will look into that for you.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement