Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Angling Advice Dublin

Options
  • 25-04-2011 11:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I am interested in getting into fishing in the Dublin area. I have done a little coarse fishing pike/perch/rudd but have no experience of trout or salmon fishing. I intend to do some trout fishing maybe in the Dodder or some pike fishing in some lakes at weekend. However I need to buy a rod/reel/line/spinners etc. Can anyone advise me of a good value rod/reel? How much should I pay for one - I dont want top quality but would like one that lasts few yrs. Does many people use telescopic rods? Where is a goo place to but above -I am based in Dublin area.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Desailly

Go into the lads in Southside Angling in Cork Street, Dublin 8. They will be able to set you up with everything you need and always offer great advice too

Advertisement