Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tokido's cr.mp, cr.mp set-up?

Options
  • 25-04-2011 9:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭

Not too sure what people mean but I've heard it being thrown around quiet a lot? I know Tokido tends to throw out a low strong and if it's blocked he'll walk forward (sometimes it looks like he just stands up because he can do it immediately depending on the distance) then throw the low strong out again and often get a counter hit but I'm guessing they mean something a bit more advanced, any of this sound familiar to somebody?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Haven't really heard about it but from the sounds of it, I would say it's fishing for a counter-hit on the second hit. Kind of like a frame trap but Tokidofied.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭CloudRunner89

Yeah your dead right but it's just that I've heard "tokido's cr.mp, cr.mp trick/set-up" on streams and articles so I just keep thinking that it must be something more than looking for a counter-hit, driving me mad!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

I don't think there's anything more to it than a ch setup tbh, it's prolly called the Tokido because he does it so much

See the thing is I'm pretty sure myself that he only does that for the counter-hit/pressure but I'm not even sure this is what they mean because it seems too simple to credit to someone. It's just I've watched hours of Tokido so the first thing I thought they were talking about was this because he's very fond of it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

That's probably it, I could be totally wrong but I'm 99% sure. Any links?

• Advertisement

I think your definitely right, I realy can't think of what else they could be talking about. I'll have a look for some links but anytime I've heard it it's only been referenced and never elaborated on what it actually is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Sounds pretty cool. Maybe something like the red walk forward crmk fireball trick.

Yeah, basically nothing complicated but an essential. Either way the "tokido's cr.mp, stand/walk forward cr.mp counter-hit set-up" (really hope that catches on) is a great little part for an akuma's footsie game, also the I learned his low strong is great for stuffing dive kicks so that makes it even better

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 194 ✭✭KidKeith89

Yeah, basically nothing complicated but an essential. Either way the "tokido's cr.mp, stand/walk forward cr.mp counter-hit set-up" (really hope that catches on) is a great little part for an akuma's footsie game, also the I learned his low strong is great for stuffing dive kicks so that makes it even better

I'm gonna have to gain some intimate knowledge of this game if I'm gonna do this feature!

Advertisement