Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rashad next fight not bones jones?

Options
  • 25-04-2011 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭

Forget what you thought you knew! Philly. UFC 133. @PhilMrWonderful Davis vs. @SugaRashadEvans details soon on www.ufc.com

This was tweeted by ufc a short while ago sorry no link can find easily im on iphone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

• Registered Users Posts: 29,680 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ah FFS! was so looking forward to seeing Evans get the head tore off him.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/23365/jon-jones-injured-phil-davis-vs-rashad-evans-now-targeted-for-ufc-133.mma

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭MonkeyBalls

balls. a spectre is haunting mma, the spectre of injuries

• Registered Users Posts: 14 highchap

I dont like this fight for Rashad - Phil Davis is a beast!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Some high calabre wrestling skills on show in this fight, if Rashad loses he will need a few wins to have a go at the title, at least one trainer is going to be happy the title fight is off.

• Advertisement

Davis will have to work a lot of stand-up for this fight or he'll get the face jabbed off him. I would've rather seen Bader-Evans, Tito-Davis than the current set-up. If Davis wins I doubt he'd be ready to fight Bones afterwards, they need to bring Hendo over to fight Bones before Davis gets a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

Rashad Evans Via Jab

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Ah FFS! was so looking forward to seeing Evans get the head tore off him.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/23365/jon-jones-injured-phil-davis-vs-rashad-evans-now-targeted-for-ufc-133.mma

Davis is very capable of doing it to him. Rashad's wrestling is completely taken away in this fight. Anything Rashad can do in in terms of wrestling, Davis can do better and he is bigger aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

so much for davis taking time off!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I lost some interest in Davis after his last fight against Little Nog, the only impressive thing he did in that fight was having the tactical sense to switch from the double leg to the single leg imo. I do think he's got the ability to be a champ down the road alright, just not yet, I'd like to see him get a few more fights against top but not elite guys who will test him like Nog did rather than pushing him towards Jones.

• Advertisement

He beats Little Nog, who else around that level is there to fight. Little Nog is the best top 10 gate keeper. Franklin ?, he's fighting little Nog next, Forrest has a rematch with Shogun, Jones is injured, Rampage is fighting Hammill, Bader is fighting Tito, Machida is fighting Randy on Saturday. The only available is Evans and what is worse is that Evans is coming off an injury and needs to fight.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

unknown13 wrote: »
    He beats Little Nog, who else around that level is there to fight. Little Nog is the best top 10 gate keeper. Franklin ?, he's fighting little Nog next, Forrest has a rematch with Shogun, Jones is injured, Rampage is fighting Hammill, Bader is fighting Tito, Machida is fighting Randy on Saturday. The only available is Evans and what is worse is that Evans is coming off an injury and needs to fight.

Thats fair enough, I didn't realise everyone was tied up. He is young though and learning fast, I think a years worth of fights against Griffin, Franklin, Bader etc would make him into a genuine elite fighter for years to come.
    In the last few months I think when we've all been talking about Davis as being a challenge to Jones due to some similarities between them, but I don't think a Jones rush to the top will suit Davis so much, I think he's a guy with a lot of potential but I don't think he can put it together as easily as Bones. But as you said its either Evans or a bit of a wait until someone else is available.

The thing with Jones is that he came in with decent enough wrestling, so he needed to become alot better at everything. He moved after the Bonnar fight to Greg Jacksons, which has no doubt improved even more. Also, now looking at his length of lay offs Jones isn't as active as people think he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

I think this is a huge opportunity for phil davis, Rashad really should have stayed more active i think the long layoffs are gonna mess up his timing not to mention all the drama of moving camps etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Bodie Broadus

rashad should beat davis easily! he's much better on the feet and if davis had trouble gettin nog down i dont fancy his chances with rashad!

Advertisement