Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Some Advice

Options
  • 25-04-2011 7:01pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11

Lads, need some advice. Here it goes,
    Well I was going out to buy the missus a new car. I went to see an 02' VW Golf in Blanchards Town. The fella selling it had no paper work off the car. I've a good feelin' its stolen. So anyway I walked away, but then I was thinking, should I inform the gardaí ? I know it sounds stupid, but it could be stolen ? Any advice would be helpful. Thanks in advance. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭TylerIE

Lads, need some advice. Here it goes,
    Well I was going out to buy the missus a new car. I went to see an 02' VW Golf in Blanchards Town. The fella selling it had no paper work off the car. I've a good feelin' its stolen. So anyway I walked away, but then I was thinking, should I inform the gardaí ? I know it sounds stupid, but it could be stolen ? Any advice would be helpful. Thanks in advance. :)

Ring or drop into Blanchardstown (01 666 7000) or any Garda station with the registration and if you got it the chassis number of the vehicle. If they want more info they will get back to you, although even if you dont want to leave your details it may be worth ringing with whatever information you do have.

They should know in a few minutes based on the reg (and definitely if you have chassis no) if all is in order and therefore its no harm ringing, and has the potential to be of great use.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭CaseyRyback

As above, if you suspect it report it. Ring your local cop shop.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 AudiA6_Owner

Thanks guys, I'll drop into blanchards town garda station, I did get the reg, but no chasis number, :(

Thanks guys, I'll drop into blanchards town garda station, I did get the reg, but no chasis number, :(

Did you meet the person at their house or just in a car park? I'd be very suspicious about somebody not wanting to meet their own home.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 AudiA6_Owner

I Did Meet At A House, However, He Never Went Inside The House, Even When I Drove Away, He Just Went In The Opposite Direction, Away From The House. Now If That's Not Suspicious I Don't Know What Is ? Should I Ask The Garda To Check Out That House ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭TylerIE

I Did Meet At A House, However, He Never Went Inside The House, Even When I Drove Away, He Just Went In The Opposite Direction, Away From The House. Now If That's Not Suspicious I Don't Know What Is ? Should I Ask The Garda To Check Out That House ?

Id just tell them everything that happened and know the exact location where you met him. They will determine themselves what checks need to be made!

Advertisement