Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

okay, my turn to ask for help.

Options
  • 25-04-2011 5:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

Oy,

I struggle a lot in TvZ on any map and i'm starting to feel depressed about this match up.
    So i'm here to ask you what is working for you in TvZ for the moment (BO, gameplan, harass, ...).

I try to play with the famous marines/tank combo with a reactor hellion FE for BO but
    i always fail when i push, despite a good tank spread i get crushed by the A-move of the zerg ball.
    When i try to play mech turtle i get crushed by Corruptor/BL/Infestor.

i'm totally lost in this match up... any help is welcome :)
    thx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

I'm working on a few builds at the moment, but I've developed a really strong ladder push personally. It has a few setbacks and requires some decent macro to execute well. It's also pretty terrible on large maps or far spawns ^^ I think it was Orizio who I was talking to about it in-game and I said he'd win a majority of his TvZ's if he did it so tbh you're probably better off waiting for him to comment on how it's working out for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Yeah that build sucks. Seriously, I'm bad at timing pushes, so I can't really pull it off. Plus my current build is very good, which obviously sin also thought me. ;)

Phisku, I'm a plat Terran with a very very good win-rate in TvZ. Its by far my best match-up, although infestors and broodlords are mother****ers for my build (everyones build in fact).

Anyway, if you are plat or lower I can give you some help, particularly if you throw up some replays. My build is 1 rax - 1 fact bf hellion into 3 rax - 3 fact tank/marine push plus thor support. Its basically anti-muta, and massacres roches as well, plus infestors are a problem whatever build you do. :pac:

Hehe, in the middle of **** tonnes of work at the moment, but if you can get me online we'll go through a few things, Phisku (:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 phisku

I'm in top diamond but every help is welcome orizio :p

also sinister i play on my friend account ganzje.824
    idk why but i'm less streesed when i play on his account.

Throw up a replay or something, shur I hammer Diamond players every day...;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 phisku

My play is so bad that i'm to shy to send replay :s

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭The_Keeper

Yea having lots of difficulty in TvZ at the moment, especially on the new bigger maps, no level of harrass can seem to stop their economy so they can just keep throwing army after army at my siege line until it crumbles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

phisku wrote: »

sitting beside you at the lan i can confirm that this is total bollocks :p

phisku wrote: »

Well Sins rauder/hellion timing attack is (very very roughly) open standard, rax (wall off) and then fact, get out two rines, put down a reactor on the rax and switch with the fact, then harass with 4-6 hellions. You then put down another rax so you have two tech labs on the raxes and then start pumping our rauders while harassing with hellions. Push at 60 supply or 8 minutes (before mutas) with your hellions and rauders. *

*I've tried to push and done it awfully so I'm probably doing the build wrong or something.

Okay, since I'm really not too comfortable with my Mech build(s) vs Z I'm going to upload replays of a build I've been working really hard on.

Things to note about this build

1. Hitting a timing before Mutalisk is crucial
    2. You're on 1 base for a very long time so you NEED to do damage
    3. You need to be capable of multitasking - the stronger your multitasking skills the stronger this build
    4. The more greedy the Zerg is (ie; producing drones) the better this build is
    5. This probably won't work on far spawns/large maps
    6. If you're in a BO3, I suggest not doing this more than once ^_^

Replay 1

Replay 2

These are NOT Mech replays and offer VERY strong alternatives based on harassing followed by an extremely formidable timing attack. If you execute this build correctly you will win a LOT of your ladder games.

Good luck and if you need more help or advice get me in-game, as always.

• Advertisement
Advertisement