Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

up1(b)

• 25-04-2011 3:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭

what is this form? cant find it on the internet and it has been requested

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

If its a UP1(b) its not available to download from welfare site you can get one from your local SW office. Its a form that is filled out when applying for Jobseekers Allowance as part of means testing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

woop wrote: »
    what is this form? cant find it on the internet and it has been requested

thanks

usually, actually always, if sw are asking you to complete a form/s they will send you the form/s in the envelope with a covering letter of explanation, so this is slightly mystifying.this is a up1,which is self-explanatory.
    http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Forms/Documents/UP1.pdf
    i dont know for sure what a up1b is but its possibly a form for your previous employer to complete. or if your current employer has reduced your days he might have to fill it out. in any case it would appear that you are either in receipt of or have applied for, a jobseekers payment. is that right? sw would not expect you to download the form
    could it be that they already sent you the forms and somewhere along the line they have gone missing? if so, you need to take yourself down to the local office tomorrow and quick. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

mrsbyrne wrote: »
    i dont know for sure what a up1b is but its possibly a form for your previous employer to complete. or if your current employer has reduced your days he might have to fill it out. in

Sounds more like no have no idea what a UP1b is.

OP, it is a form for the JSA Means Test. It details who lives in your house, what they do, and what income that you, your partner or you parents might have.
    Its yellow.

You would be asked to complete it if:
    Your JSB is coming to an end and you need to apply for JSA.
    You are already on JSA and you change address.
    Your claim is under review (which happens from time to time, claims should be reviewed at least once a year)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

Sounds more like no have no idea what a UP1b is.

OP, it is a form for the JSA Means Test. It details who lives in your house, what they do, and what income that you, your partner or you parents might have.
    Its yellow.

You would be asked to complete it if:
    Your JSB is coming to an end and you need to apply for JSA.
    You are already on JSA and you change address.
    Your claim is under review (which happens from time to time, claims should be reviewed at least once a year)
    i did make it clear that i was only speculating as to what it might be statebenefits, no need to be a smart-arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 CALLY0412

sw are looking for this up1b form from me as well but didnt supply it.
    It just says on the letter to complete it but it wasnt in the envelope.
    Is there anything similar I can fill out and send them as i live too far away to go to the office and pick up one and they def dont have it available for download online.
    Any help would be much appreciated..
    Thanks

• Advertisement

Cally give them a buzz and ask them to post it out to you.

eastbono wrote: »
    Cally give them a buzz and ask them to post it out to you.

Have tried that... Newbridge office never ever answer their phone.. Have been receiving benefits for approx 18months and have never been able to contact by phone. They dont respond to letters or faxes either....

I'm just gonna have to goin to them amn't I?

Does anyone know what info is on this form? Could I just send out all the info the form asks for without having to fill in the form??

The form has to be filled in by you and you sign a declaration stating that all the info is true and correct.

Hi,
    HopIng someone can answer this question for me. I am filling out this up1b form and it is asking for details of your partner. I'm not married but have been living with someone for a few weeks. Does this mean his details need to go the form as well? Can't reach social welfare office by phone to ask and can't find answer online.

Yes your partners details go on the form as well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement