Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

daisies

Options
  • 25-04-2011 2:36pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭

have one very poor preformer of a field this year. daisies seem to grow in patches where its poor. will reseed it in the autumn. what are daisies a sign of. are they a lack of anything perhaps p and ks? any ideas to get grass growing good for the rest of the year

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

don't know what they are a sign of, but I've just sprayed teh lawn with VERDONE to kill them off, much to the disgust of the children who love daisey chains!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Afaik daisies can grow where grass is kept short and their leaves shade out the grass eg in a lawn. If you can let the grass grow longer it will shade them out and they will die off. I dont know of any nutrient deficiency or surplus that would encourage them. (but someone will post it just after i have posted this reply:D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

have one very poor preformer of a field this year. daisies seem to grow in patches where its poor. will reseed it in the autumn. what are daisies a sign of. are they a lack of anything perhaps p and ks? any ideas to get grass growing good for the rest of the year

last year after spreading manure on silage ground it pissed rain..i think most of it must have washed off but i had a bad crop..lots of daisies though, seemed to me that where the grass was poorest the daisies flourished

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Tora Bora

If you have daisies, I have dandeloins. Some silage ground, just covered with them. Suppose a lack of some nutrient or other. Thing is they are on good ground. Can't understand it.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭babybrian

sprayed a paddock that had dandelions and daisies in abundance, happy to see today that they are leaning over and withering :D M50 was the spray..

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

going to spread 3 bags of 10-10-20 to the 4 acre field and see what happens. not sure is it lacking ps and ks because it would always be either urea or can that goes out through the year and reiceves maybe only 2000-3000 gallons of slurry per acre in the year

Advertisement