Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indoor karting little island

Options
  • 25-04-2011 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all

Just wondering if anyone has been to the karting in Little Island?

Is it worth the trip over?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,644 ✭✭✭Milly33

would be interested in knowing what this is like too... A friend of a friend should be going there soon so if i hear reports back ill let ya know

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭Cork Skate

Is it just after opening? Is there a website up for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,644 ✭✭✭Milly33

Yeah tisnt open too long now, i done a quick search for a website but cant see anyone. If I come across one of their flyers ill check it out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Anyone know where in L Island. I might take a jaunt up tomorrow..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

got a flyer into work recently

website is www.kartmania.ie

havent been myself, interested to hear feedback though!

15min is 15 euro
    30min is 25 euro

kartmania grand prix (min 8 drivers)
    1 warmup lap, then 5 races

45euro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 petey3005

I just did it the other day and Its actually not bad at all, its a completly different experience to Watergrasshill and its 20 euro cheaper.Average lap is around 27/28 secs. 1 bad thing is that the track surface is a little slippy but this does make it a bit more interesting ( like drifting around corners :) .
    My buddy crashed after 5 mins and hurt hes back pretty bad and couldnt continue so they actually gave him a voucher which was nice of em.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 kartmad1

Guys, girls, and fellow petrol heads. I am working down there myself so anything I can help ye out with I will! The track was the brainchild of a couple of motor enthusiasts who got together and invested allot of time and money to bring you KARTMANIA. It is a challenging and enjoyable drivers circuit using 270cc karts which are very quick. We cater for a range of events Stags, Hens, Birthday parties, office nights out, club nights out (car clubs, G.A.A. clubs ect..) A Grand Prix is only 45 euro and is a fantastic night out complete with lap time printouts, trophy's and certs.

The website is www.kartmania.ie
    The phone no. is 021 2408000

I hope we will see some of you down here soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Would the karts be as fast as the one's in Watergrasshill?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 kartmad1

I would think they are, but because of it being indoors and the track is tighter they feel much faster and you wont get split up from you racing buddies as much, so its much more competitive. Come down and check it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mrlemonsqueezy

Its unreal! Greta track, great prices.. Just back from there right now.. 15 euro for 15 mins, u cant go wrong.. Its down the very back of little island... Where theres a left turn to the old driving test centre and the nct centre.. keep going straight dont turn left.. its well sign posted.. u cant miss it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Its unreal! Greta track, great prices.. Just back from there right now.. 15 euro for 15 mins, u cant go wrong.. Its down the very back of little island... Where theres a left turn to the old driving test centre and the nct centre.. keep going straight dont turn left.. its well sign posted.. u cant miss it

Cheers for the recommendation, great first post with prices and directions, how very helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Starscream25

its good fun alright, a bit more dangerous than watergrasshill tho. if u crash you will come to an abrupt stop in little island, if you crash out in watergrasshill you will slow down gradually.i nearly broke my leg in little island, my knee swelled up like a golf ball that night but still great craic

• Registered Users Posts: 7 BMWKTM

Just beware there is a bit of shortchanging being done at Kartmania.
    I paid for a 50 lap session and when breifing took place it turned out to be 35 laps warm up or 15 mins whichever came first. Plus a final which was to be 15 laps.
    At a good pace on the warm up we managed 28 laps but were stopped at 14 mins. And the final we were stopped after 12 laps.
    My suspicion is that they were running 30 mins late on the day(during the Christmas hols) and were trying to make back the time at our expense.
    Unfortunately I only realised the shortcut when i came home and read the print out of the times.
    I would suggest that if this happens to you go to the desk and look for a % of cash back and that would stop it pretty quickly.

Advertisement