Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last Temptation of Christ

Options
  • 25-04-2011 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭

Just seen the thread on The Passion film and it reminded me of Martin Scorsese's The Last Temptation of Christ..

Have many of ye seen this films and what are your views on it... The film seemed to stir up a lot of controversy in some places... do you find it offensive or did you enjoy it??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Soul Winner

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    Just seen the thread on The Passion film and it reminded me of Martin Scorsese's The Last Temptation of Christ..

Have many of ye seen this films and what are your views on it... The film seemed to stir up a lot of controversy in some places... do you find it offensive or did you enjoy it??

I remember the first time I saw it. I twas at a time when I didn't really know anything about Christianity and I thought it was very powerful. But anytime I've watched it since then I've hated it. Mostly because it depicts a Jesus who doesn't seem to know why he came to earth to do, someone who is surprised at every turn in the road that confronts him. But the movie itself is quite an atmospheric movie and I like that about it and I like the way it portrays the disciples as normal human beings with families etc. But knowing what I know now about Christianity I can't stand to listen to the awful dialogue that goes on in the film, and Harry Dean Stanton's Saint Paul is terrible and I love Harry Dean Stanton. I'm also a big fan of Martin Scorsese's movies. I seen most of his movies on the big screen (not this one though) which were mostly flops at the box office but went on to become classics in their own right. And no, the movie didn't and doesn't cause offence to me at all. My Bible tells me that Jesus was tempted in all manner as we are but was without sin, so nothing new there.

Advertisement