Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

message for desire owners

Options
  • 24-04-2011 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭

Folks, there are a lot of desire owners out there who are Co.Ingram to the end of 12 / 18 month contracts whatever. Please, please I beg you, in a time when everybody is feeling the pinch, waste your money in the next slightly better phone because you have to have the latest handset. It will only be incrementally better and not worth shelling out another 200 quid locking you into another 18 month contract. Its all a scam folks and the sooner consumers take action, the more likely we are to see technology get better more quickly.

At least wait for 3d phones, they look amazing. But don't go jumping into the sensational or super galaxy s 11, they won't be any better than what you have already. I recently used the nexus s and my desire rooted with oxygen 2.0.3 is a better phone all things evaluated. Don't be muppets folks.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

3d is a bit gimmicky and I'm not a fan of it. If I had the choice between a 3d phone and a non-3d phone I'd take the non-3d phone without a doubt. I'd also consider a phone with a dual core processor and 1GB ram more high tech and a better upgrade than one with a 3d screen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

I wouldn't say many Desire users are coming to the end of their 18 month contracts considering it's about a year since it was released in Ireland.

Also on Vodafone at the moment the Desire S is a maximum price of €109 with a plan. So a person at the end of their contract could probably sell their Desire on Adverts for about €200 (if they've looked after it) and get a newer phone for cheaper.

But you're right about the incremental upgrades. If it was me I'd wait another couple of months for the Sensation. I think 3D is gimmicky too. I'd prefer the dual core, higher screen resolution, more memory and hopefully better camera.

The people with Android who are at the end of 18 months are more likely to be the HTC Hero owners. The current models are waaaay faster than that so it's an easier decision for them.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

If there is any smart phone with better battery life then I'll take it. Not sure what use 3d would be to anyone on a phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Was a bit pissed posting that last night - my bad. Seriously surprised at the somewhat adverse reaction to 3d though. I think it looks amazing. Have a look at this. Fast forward to about 2 minutes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcYqzl0XnVI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Lol I'm glad you have admitted to being pissed as I was about to lay into you for trying to tell us what to do :) :P

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Fast forward to about 2 minutes

Yeah OK that looks cool. I hadn't seen it before.

But the reason I say it's gimmicky (for me) is because, unless it allows me to do something extra with the phone I don't care about it. Maybe it will though. It will be interesting to see in real life.

Also I agree with robinph about the battery. The only thing that annoys me about the phone is the battery. I use mine a lot so need to charge it every night. If I could get one that could guarantee me 2 days I'd be all over it :)

Advertisement