Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Erasmus In Lyon France

Options
  • 24-04-2011 5:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Hi,

Sorry if this has already been posted, but I have applied for a year abroad in Lyon, France for the next school year! However, am having real trouble finding somewhere to live, I was wondering has anyone here been to France on Erasmus and would know some good accomdation? Even any good websites would be of a great help.

Thanks in advance
    C

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ElphieT

Hiya!

As it happens I'm currently in Lyon atm (studying at Lyon2). what kind of accom are you looking for? (price/sharing/etc) ATM I'm looking for someone to take my place away from me but I can offer some really good advice and websites depending on the kind of place you're looking for! Depending on the university you're applying to they might have some places available to international students, that's what happened to me. Let me know what specs you're looking at and I can give you as much info as I can :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 cavinio

hey

wel to be honest any accomadation would be great, there is 8 people from my class goin to university catholique of lyon! estes..but we know living togther is impossible so i was hoping for anything from a single room apartment to a 2/3 room place would be fantastic, whats your apartment like!?
    we heard nothing back from student accomadation yet, so i decided to start searching on my on, its pain in de ass! :)
    any help you could give me would be much appreciatated, life saver :)

Hi again!
    OK if it's ok with ya i'll pm ya all the info either later tonight or tomorrow to make sure I've as much down as possible! Re my place it's pretty big and would ideally suit either a couple or one person (the landlady is amazing and will adjust rent if there is one person). Have you looked into guarantors or housing assistance? I can include info on that if you like?
    Talk soon! :)

that would be great thanks again! ye wenever you can be deadly! i no about that grant which entitles you to 1/3 of your rent back? to be honest, my international officer is in her 1st year of the job and knows about as much as I do..so its very stressful times! lol..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Baron Baboon

Hey I'm in the same boat, heading to Lyon next year and wondering about accomodation. Any help would be great!

• Advertisement

Heya what university are ya going to? best advice I can give for accommodation is to email the international office of whichever uni you're going to :)

Hey

I finally got my accommodation sorted, I'm staying here apparently its a good spot, the woman who organises the placing has been very helpful.

http://www.estudines.com/residence-logement-etudiant-lyon-7-9.html

Just out of curiosity, where you studying? There a good few of us going from my college so the more the merrier! lol

Advertisement