Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work location change query.

Options
  • 24-04-2011 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭

Hi,

In the coming months my location of emplyment will change. The area we are being moved to has no parking available and can be quite dangerous if we are leaving at 10 p.m. as opposed to our current location which has plenty of parking and is safe.

My employer has said that there will be no pay rises or negotiations of any kind due to this move. The union I am part of seems to brush us aside whenever we ask for their help. I believe they are being unreasonable with this move.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

I'm afraid if the union is doing nothing for you, there is very little going to happen. if the location change has little or no additional costs then there would be less chance of anything stirring. Maybe your company has very little alternative but to move to the new location!

have you or your collegues come up with alternatives to your proposed situation. Like getting your employer to get access for staff to a car park near the place of work and roster changes so that there are a min 2 leaving the building at the same time in the interest of personal safety etc.

ps dont know the full details and dont want to sound rude but why not come up with some alternatives or suggestions that you can put to your boss that will make the move a little less daunting for all staff taking into account at every option that location is fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

I'm afraid if the union is doing nothing for you, there is very little going to happen. if the location change has little or no additional costs then there would be less chance of anything stirring. Maybe your company has very little alternative but to move to the new location!

have you or your collegues come up with alternatives to your proposed situation. Like getting your employer to get access for staff to a car park near the place of work and roster changes so that there are a min 2 leaving the building at the same time in the interest of personal safety etc.

ps dont know the full details and dont want to sound rude but why not come up with some alternatives or suggestions that you can put to your boss that will make the move a little less daunting for all staff taking into account at every option that location is fixed.

Believe me, they do not want our input. We have put suggestions to them, most not costing any extra money and the others at a minimal cost. We are not trying to be difficult and are willing to talk. They just stone wall us.

Advertisement