Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CrossGuns 53 years old today

Options
  • 24-04-2011 10:42am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭

Just thought I'd give a quick birthday mention to CrossGuns Snooker Club which celebrates it's 53rd birthday today !!!!
    Even got a mention on BBC 5 Live this morn !!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Omega28

happy birthday so:)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Here's to another 50+ years, it's great achievement, especially during the last few years.

I've always been meaning to visit CrossGuns, but have never had the chance yet. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭TheRedDevil10

crossguns in phibsoro ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭zack01

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭TheRedDevil10

:)
    I have played there many times, last was about two weeks ago. Nice atmosphere and good tables

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭sirgockster

I have heard a bit about this club, I would like to get back into the game have not played in years, Im average at best highest break around the 30 mark and I was never consistant, But I was thinking of really putting in the effort to improve, Does anyone know the prices for the coaching in crossguns and does anyone have any experience with them are they any good.

A RIBSA qualified coach on site, charges €20 per hour which includes table hire.
    Contact through the website at www.crossgunssnookerclub.com

Nice mention about the club from Ken during the commentary in the Higgins v Williams match this morn!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭sirgockster

Cheers zac might take a trip down in the next week and have a game to get a feel of the place

• Registered Users Posts: 23,334 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Whats the deal with the 53 years old? 50 i would understand but 53?

• Advertisement

Its the oldest commercial snooker club on record now, Dennis Taylor and Ken Doherty seemed to think it worthy of a mention during their commentary slot the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭bren2001

Played for the first time here tonight. Great facility, bit small and no free parking nearby. Good tables, helpful staff and a good atmosphere. Didn't realise it was so close to DCU I will be back during the semesters next year.

Thanks for your comments, there is free parking after 7pm on the phibsboro road which is just around the corner, however during the day parking unfortunalty is disc parking which is the norm these days across the city.
    We used to run a competition for the guys in DCU a few years back, if there's interest there I'd love to run one again!

The website for the club has now been fully updated.
    www.crossgunssnookerclub.com

Advertisement