Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone else never use the last of anything?

Options
  • 24-04-2011 2:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭

I was just makin' a delish hang sangwich for myself when I realized I seem to have this weird phobia of never using the last of anything. :confused:

E.g. There was an almost empty pan of bread, I opened a new one. Butter was at the scrape-it-from-the-sides level so I opened a new one. I looked at the cheese and twer only a slight sprinkling available, so yet again...I cracked open more.

I'm not sure why...but I always get the feeling the last of anything is tainted. :/ Odd. I do it with milk for tae as well.

Seems totally irrational, and now that I think about it...I hate myself for it. Like I'm too good for the contaminated, toast infected butter. Anyone else guilty of doing this? :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭God...

yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

I do the same. I just like my food as fresh as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

Celtic Tiger Cub.....You don't know how good you have it rabble rabble...in My day we had to walk 48 miles to the nearest well rabble rabble.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

When ever I go for a slice of bread I never pick the first one.

.......NEVER

• Registered Users Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭policarp

Bread Freak.
    Eat Hot Cross Buns.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭strokemyclover

There's a whore joke in here somewhere!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

growing up in our house my parents were always one for eating everything scraping the ends out of yougurts and that kind of thing, so I make a point now to throw the ends of things away, and NOT clear my plate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭General General

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭ihatetractors

It simple realy, it's the phobia of being the one to finaly finish said item. Then you have he added hassel of disposing old container and seeking the new one. Oh i'm lazy at times :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

I'm actually the opposite. If there's food there I have to eat it (before it goes off) and get great satisfaction from finishing a loaf of bread etc.

I think I'll feel like I've failed and it's a huge waste if I can't finish the food I've bought :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Coke, I can never kill a bottle unless I finish it in a day which is rare these days.

Doughnuts and other sweet buns, after a day they are nothing to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Keno 92 wrote: »
    When ever I go for a slice of bread I never pick the first one.

.......NEVER

I ALWAYS go inside a 2 slice buffer zone...

Same with biscuits...if it's in a roll like chocolate digestive I'll again use a 2 biccy buffer zone.

Heels of a sliced pan are dead to me...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭flash1080

I'll eat the first, the last, and everything in between.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Only with milk.

Had one or two bad experiences in the past when pouring the end of a milk carton into tea, out comes ambrosia creamed rice.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,520 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I never finish a pint. I always leave half an inch at the bottom.

Also crackers. I throw out the last one or two because theyre usually broken. No idea why, as they will still taste the same :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Only with milk.

Had one or two bad experiences in the past when pouring the end of a milk carton into tea, out comes ambrosia creamed rice.

I use this as a measure to whether the milk is usable or not :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hookah

I seem to squeeze the same amount of time from the last tenth of a toothpaste tube as I did from the first nine tenths.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭shane_rafferty

butter . i can never use the end always open a new one even if the butters fine (e.g still i date and no crumbs ):rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

I do the same although for me it's the first half inch...

sometimes when I've feeling mischievous I'll drink the middle part last too, just for the laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Owenw

There is little or no preservative in anything nowadays so most stuff lasts minutes past its use-by date, at least in my head.

the butter scrapings on the wrapper have been there since day 1 of opening it and are usually rancid.

I'd also add the rotton powered mess in the bottom of the cereal - it soaks up all the milk and turns into lumpen quicksand mess only good as organic polyfilla :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

i do this. never finish a beer either, have to leave a bit at the bottom, its the slop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭vampire of kilmainham

Tarzan_man wrote: »
    I was just makin' a delish hang sangwich for myself when I realized I seem to have this weird phobia of never using the last of anything. :confused:

E.g. There was an almost empty pan of bread, I opened a new one. Butter was at the scrape-it-from-the-sides level so I opened a new one. I looked at the cheese and twer only a slight sprinkling available, so yet again...I cracked open more.

I'm not sure why...but I always get the feeling the last of anything is tainted. :/ Odd. I do it with milk for tae as well.

Seems totally irrational, and now that I think about it...I hate myself for it. Like I'm too good for the contaminated, toast infected butter. Anyone else guilty of doing this? :o
    no theres a recession on but never did it anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭vampire of kilmainham

weird people:eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Only with milk.

worse when you used the last teabag to make the cup...
    mconigol wrote: »
    I do the same although for me it's the first half inch...
    Guinness drinker, Yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

I know something that all people use the last of without fail. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

I'll only use the last of a toilet roll if there are no other rolls left.
    If there are other toilet rolls, I will use a new one instead of the last of the old one. I will eventually use the last bits of all the toilet rolls though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

old_aussie wrote: »
    I know something that all people use the last of without fail. ;)

Teabags?

Advertisement