Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

has the rods phenominon ever been explained

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

That video explains it pretty well.

.......:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

the link you've posted seems to explain them pretty well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

Totally explained there OP.What's interesting is ,I saw the original documentary about 12 years ago with the same narrator and at that time he said the US military knew what they were but it was classified.

Now after seeing the re-visit documentary clip you posted, it seems totally explainable with the advances in camera technology.Were they lying and taking the píss 12 years ago to get ratings?

I would say yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

ha ha, i just took a random video off youtube, didnt even look at it before i posted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

ha ha, i just took a random video off youtube, didnt even look at it before i posted
    Good work sir.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

I remember a documentary on sky one, probably the 12 years ago one. But i never heard of them since. Which i thought was weird. Checked it on wiki recently and its totally explained, which i found a bit amusing. Hopefully all these other things will come to a similar conclusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

I saw something fly past me one night which I think was a rod. It about 50m over a house in a split second (guessing it was about a 10th of a second).

It was so fast I thought it was my imagination except I know it wasn't because my friend who I was walking with went quiet and asked me did I see something. We were on a path next to a wall and it came between us and the wall and went over the house. It had that rod shape with the long wings.

I'd say we only saw it because flew directly in front of where we were looking.

I thought I saw things flash accross my eyes on other occasions too but honestly I havn't a clue if they were rods or not!

profitius wrote: »
    I thought I saw things flash accross my eyes on other occasions too but honestly I havn't a clue if they were rods or not!
    Well, seeing as we know that rods are only artefacts of recording technologies, what you saw definitely wasn't a 'rod'. Perhaps is was a bird or a bat? Or, if you're feeling supernatural, a fairy? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

seems to be a common place thing around these parts.....

Well, seeing as we know that rods are only artefacts of recording technologies, what you saw definitely wasn't a 'rod'. Perhaps is was a bird or a bat? Or, if you're feeling supernatural, a fairy? :)

Well it was about 1 or 2 ft long and seemed to have rod like wings on the side I think. Call it what you like but it looked like a rod and there was somebody else who saw it.

• Advertisement

Well it was about 1 or 2 ft long and seemed to have rod like wings on the side I think. Call it what you like but it looked like a rod and there was somebody else who saw it.
    It looked like the rod-phenonemon that has been explained in the video? I don't think anyone ever claimed that 'rods' could be seen with the naked eye - that was the cool thing about them, that they were all around us but invisible until recorded.

What you saw seems to have been a UFO of some sort.

Edit: Just to add the unofficial 'official' CT line on these things:
    Just what are these things, described as flying rods? Your guess is as good as mine, however in my personal opinion, they represent possibly the best evidence of alien life to date, or at the least, an exotic new form of life often described as sky fish, due to the undulating motion in which they travel. Rods were discovered accidentally by film maker Jose Escamilla in 1994, while filming in Midway, New Mexico. These "things" move much to quickly to be seen with the naked eye, but they can be captured on film and seen when the film is played back in slow motion. They appear to have appendages along their torsos which move in wave like motion, and the torsos bend as they move. Measuring from inches to several feet in length, flying rods have been observed and filmed all over the world.
    http://www.subversiveelement.com/rods.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

At 4000 mph? the speed these were reportedly flying at? until camera technology evolved to the extent that shutter speed and distance was calculated wrong by miscalculating insects flying by at 1 mph?

You may have saw something else, what I don't know but rods seem to be debunked at this stage.

Like I said it went in a flash and went between the wall next to us and over a house about 50 meters away. I wasn't sure if I saw it until my cousin confirmed it. So I know for a fact that rod like things are out there. It might have been a little UFO I saw but nothing man made.

It made no sound.

Advertisement